Monique Lhuillier F/W 09.10 New York

love love love the sheer thingy underneath the dress.owh and those dresses can kill!

I can't get over the prettyness:wub:
the styling here is excellent
the setting & the photography definately helped a lot..
I would love to see some of this at the oscars, I'm very curious to see how the striped sheer tops underneath would look off the "runway"

the thing for me is this : what i like the best from the collection is striped sheer blouse. Not good if we know that this show is not about one damn blouse. Some dresses are ok ( just ok ) but rest is... bleh. This violet dress is awful. Long dresses in general are quite ugly . Cheap looking.

Very princessy and pretty but I cant decide yet if its really the dresses or the styling.

Lol.

Where is NY fashion week being shown now? I know it's not Bryant park.

This presentation is better than any runway.

This is the last season for fashion week to be in Bryant Park. Next season S/S 10, will be held in Lincoln center. :flower:

I concur about the undergarments...gorgeous :wub: the rest of the clothes are forgettable

I really like the long black beaded cut out dress. Oh and add me to the list of the sheer striped shirt lovers!

The sheer shirts completely make it. And I totally second the Valentino/Rodarte inspiration, it's so fabulous.

This looks like ...maybe the Oak Room at the Plaza? Terrible restaurant, rubbish. But the most beautiful setting. Looks like old New York and this feels like a new Age of Innocence, where's Scorsese when you need him?

Loving this. I can see myself swanning around it in waiting for Mr Darcy to arrive home :crush:

lovely, lovely, lovely
but i wished there were more of these beautiful dresses :-(

its so beautiful, but incredibly classy. Not too much and not too little.

I just did a post on this, i love it so much. by far the best ny has given us this season!

Some of it is so lovely

Is that the whole collection? Only cocktails/gala outfits?

^^^ Hee Hee, Mr. Darcy.
I do hope you're talking about Jane Austen's Darcy though because if not your husband's name is Darcy and I'm laughing for no reason at all.
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like that ripped stocking shirt. I think it's too much of a contrast with gowns that intricate and extravagant.
I think its obvious she's deviated from her traditional confection gowns to something more edgy although I don't really like it. The colors are great but I don't think she pulls it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->