Moschino F/W 2024.25 Milan

And another one bites the dust. Much like his personal style, this is very very corny.

Lifeless! And it's not even the clothes' fault, I feel like something went wrong with the production, mainly with the lighting and the pace of the show. The collection itself is nice, I'd like to see the themes explored further, because for now it feels a little bit too archival and literal in some parts. The Moschino's humour is definitely there, it's just a matter of putting it in the right context imho.

And please, please, please, no 80's/Bottega Veneta-inspired looks in the future, especially with smiley totes!

What a weird mix of Kim Jones and Gucci by Michele. With a Dior by MGC casting.

I think there's room for growth and potential but not really loving this.

It's interesting, but I'll need to take a second look before forming an actual opinion. The collection is very Loewe coded.

The man needs to work on his presentation and infuse a little bit more fun into it because it’s part of Moschino’s DNA…But, that was a TERRIFIC collection!
He really understood the spirit of Franco Moschino. It’s classic with a twist, the right dose of humor but also very serious in terms of cut and execution. He is a dressmaker. The dressmaking was kind of exceptional for Moschino. The references were there but it had his spirit.

Once again there’s a coherence between the designer and the clothes.

Moschino by Jeremy Scott was very pop and that pop aspect was missing and the energy too…But Jeremy’s stuff was fun for the show. I’ve seen here desirable clothes that I didn’t expect from Moschino. I have never desired Moschino and suddenly, there’s food!

The accessories were great too.
I hope he will infuse more fun into his future shows, the campaigns and the videos.

But overall, this is a great debut and one of my favorite collection of the season so far!

just when you thought we're done with AM' s gucci comes this guy. i had bursts of laughter throughout the show... not good ones. Even the last model has it all over her face, shes very close to laughing hysterically at what shes wearing.

the quirky pieces are so annoying and i dont know why some of the models are walking like they just got k-holed.

LOVED IT!!! A bit too serious in the presentation and a bit too archival, but absolutely loved the spirit. It was chic, well cut, very italian, but with that witty touch that was Franco’s magic! I’m really really sorry that we will never be able to see what Davide Renne could have done, I know I would probably have loved it, but I’m happy of this new direction.

The paper boat hat is so Moschino!
It’s really having a fun take on archetypes of fashion. He nailed it!
He started on January 11! If he can deliver this in that short amount of time, I’m on board for whatever he has to offer!

Guys, let’s be realistic, the man had a month to put together a debut collection and I think he did a very good job. He knows the archive very well, to begin with.
He gets the Moschino values more than Jeremy Scott ever did. Anyone helping the brand turn the page from Scott’s trashy taste has my favour.

Dressmaker? I will need to see more before I give him that because half of the looks here were t-shirt dresses.

Anyways, there is a early to mid 2000s Jean Paul Gaultier element here that I appreciate. If he keeps going for that and keeps refining, I think he could hit a sweet spot with Moschino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->