Moschino F/W 2015.16 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
Moschino-RTW-FW15-Milan-3689-1424982644-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Can't even lie, I felt old watching this. Like, I wasn't only old enough to remember but old enough to wear the original versions of things Scott is reworking here -- the pop-y, hip hop-lite stuff from the early 90s, the Looney Toons stuff circa the Space Jam era, so that's making me want to cry lol.

Surprisingly enough I like the graffiti gowns the best. Some are silly, but some actually really pull the concept off, like that shorter bell skirted blue one that's very similar in silhouette to some of the things Simons has done at Dior. Realistically I think he could've taken the graffiti concept further, really gotten obsessive about the details and done something kind of perverse with it like using exceptional embroideries and things like that to create the graffiti.

I will say though that I'm finding that I like his pre-collections better. There's a -- not subtlety per say -- but a reality to it that still has that wink-wink, nudge-nudge thing but done in a way that I can actually see people wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it´s pretty toned down and more wearable than previous collections. That said, I kinda miss the crazyness...

https://www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII

Feels like a 1987 collection done by a children in that year.

The graffiti gowns are a stroke of genius. Mr Scott is single handedly bringing 'fun' back into fashion.

Some of those grafitti gowns are great. I'm a huge fan of the Looney Tunes stuff, for whatever reason. Not keen on the denim.

I love when fashion gets fun and charming like this, because it is good for the spirit.

I thought it was boring, especially when you compare it to his previous two. This is his weakest so far.

It's fun and energetic, nothing to complain about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->