Moschino S/S 2025 Milan

I am on the fence here. Some looks have same reference from last collection which makes it repetitive and less fun for Moschino. I don't mind the clothes but I don't know. It's not feeling fresh. Perhaps with strong theme, direction or more fun. But this looks like a very nice fun collection from 2005s.

I really liked this collection and show, loved the Moschino bleach bottle for the opening white looks and how the color story shifted through the collection sequence. The show venue and staging was more edgy, I am happy with where Moschino is going.

mid-90s rich mom, poor mom, hobo mom - every woman, maiden mother crone, of the whole income spectrum is represented here. wish it were more lively.

there's some humor, some quirk, but it's stiff and incomplete. loosen up a bit. can't say this was bad, but instead it is mid, a notch above neutral/safe. he clearly has a personality, yet maybe not clever enough to translate that through the clothes. and i agree - if this was under a different brand/house, i would probably be less indifferent about it.

I want more from this guy. And maybe he’s not capable of giving it? Maybe my expectations are too high? Moschino is a brand with potential, though, and I want to see it flourish and I want to see something compelling.

I loved what Jeremy Scott did for the brand. I loved his conviction. He always really went for it. But what I loved most is that he NEVER was interested in his work looking “cool.”

That is such a rare trait these days, and Adrian suffers from this widespread disease in this industry of needing the work (and themselves) to be cool. I want to see him say “f*ck it” and just TRY something new and idiosyncratic. New kind of design, new kind of casting, new kind of presentation and show…I want to root for him. I’m probably giving him too much credit to have any hope, to be honest.

Like…I want to ask him… “why is she carrying the tea pot?” I get that he and the team think it’s like a wink-wink, so-clever gesture, but me, as an intelligent viewer, am asking what that has to do with anything in this collection conceptually, narratively or visually.

It’s easy to tell a joke. It’s much harder to get a real smile out of someone. That’s where Adrian is falling short, and where Jeremy succeeded.

One thing is for sure, he can replace Simmons' ugliness and bring back the quirkiness at Prada since his humor sparks little fun or joy for Moschino. Is he also trying to be intellectual? Because after taking out of the Moschino elements, it could be any "intellectual" brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->