My kid could draw that!

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by gius, Oct 15, 2010.

1. gius

gius Active Member

. children's work :-)
    drawings, painting etc..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

marni . com |

2. gius

gius Active Member

These are from art classes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    scanned .by .gius

#2 gius, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 15, 2010
  3. gius

gius Active Member

Marla Olmstead ...

4. gius

gius Active Member

These are my drawings , age 9-10 :rofl:
    My first attempt at drawing Sailor Moon, completely an intuitive approach. they embarrassingly lack so much effort XD The hands don't even hold the sceptres. Somehow they just stick to the hands.. The paper is yellowing and very fragile, as age 9 was many many centuries ago (x_x
    After this session I go to my friend's house and watch SM together, and then we pause it (after recording) to copy the faces.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

a closeup of Mars' hands
    [​IMG]

She's supposed to look like this:
    [​IMG]
    shadowdistribution.com /

5. MUXU

MUXU New Member

hey gius long time no see ya on here!

these drawings are pretty awsome gotta say. it is so nice you still have drawings from your childhood. i moved so much when i was young i think i lost a lot of it, if not all of my drawings from pre-10.

6. mrsjamesdean

mrsjamesdean New Member

These are great! Interesting to see you kept your drawings!
    I only have one drawing from childhood. When I was five or younger I had a penchant to draw weird human figures anyway the reason I only have that one drawing is because I drew on the back of my birth certificate, luckily my parents only gave me hb pencils but for some reason I've never rubbed it out :smile:

#6 mrsjamesdean, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by moderator uankenoby: Oct 15, 2010
  7. Rigida

Rigida Well-Known Member

@gius i used to draw SM too when i was at your age! LOL

8. MUXU

MUXU New Member

^i think our generation who grew up liking anime all drew sailor moon at one time or another. i used to draw her a lot, a long with other cartoon characters.

9. Kaki

Kaki New Member

Oh my gosh... this makes me want to run back to my parents house and dig up my old sketchbooks! These are fantastic!

10. ChloeFrancoise

ChloeFrancoise Active Member

I had a drawing that I was actually proud of that I threw away because my parents didn't look right away when I wanted to show it to them. Then I felt bad I didn't have it anymore when my mother finally went to see it. If I wasn't such an overcritical perfectionist and drew all the time like I did when I was little, I'd be so much better at drawing by now.

11. gius

gius Active Member

I also kept some of my nephew's drawings.. Maybe age 7 here, it was at least 5 years ago from today. They're xeroxed^^ except the one of the dog. Maybe he gave that to me

[​IMG]

He usually can't make his own decisions (don't know why.. maybe his mom lol)
    Even for meals he makes me choose. For this, I wrote Eggs on the paper and then had him draw that. The guy here is eating them
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. gius

gius Active Member

I'd like to see that, mrsjamesdean =P

The dog..
    [​IMG]

I'm talking to my sister now. Apparently she had been searching for this.. She said that she taught him how to draw it. It's made by drawing "911".. which I don't see :unsure:
    Aww :heart:

I guess people as they grow up get maybe brainwashed.. there's a lot of influence from people all around, on how art 'should be' and it's not fun anymore. When I used to teach art classes to children, I always had less of the older students come in and their work often looked like everyone else's, and very predictable... They get mad easily too lol. I always tried to show them all the different kinds of art throughout history to let them know that there are many kinds of art and drawing out there... I think most people assume if the drawing looks like the real thing, then the artist is good.

13. ChloeFrancoise

ChloeFrancoise Active Member

^ I need to get over expecting drawings to look just like other peoples'. I notice it's like handwriting anyway. Inevitability people's drawings are going to look a specific way.