Mystic Tan

lovespell

Reaction score
I'm very curious about this. I have pale skin, and don't like the idea of tanning, for obvious health reasons. I've tried self tanner, but it never turns out right, it smells funny, and I always always miss parts of my body, and that looks WAY funny.
Has anyone tried the Mystic Tan? Does it look natural, smell funny, rub off on your clothes? I'd like as many opinions as possible before I go try it. I'm a scaredy cat, and afraid I'm going to come out orange or streaky, or unnatural looking.
But if I do decide to go for it, I'm very excited to see what the new tan sexy me will look like!

One of the girls in my class got it a few weeks ago- it's cute and nice for the first few days, but you can see almost every pore in your body if they are clogged and it can turn orange. I'd go for it, just to see what it's like on your body!

As a fellow non-tanner I would advise against it. I think that fake tans always look just that, and I'd stick with your natural look. After all, pale skin has been fashionable for centuries and now, redheads like Karen Elson are bringing the look back. I say apply sunscreen and be proud of your natural colouring! B)

i think mystic tan is incredible and i would try it..... i love it.....cover your nails though well with that cream though.......

I have tried the mystic tan and I love it. It doesn't last very long.. only 5-7 days. If your skin is really pale 1 session will not do much.... you'll probably have to go two or three times to see a real difference. It doesn't rub off on your clothes. I have tried self tanners and I did not like them because of the streaking. The mystic tan is even and only takes a few minutes.

I tried it..I am also pretty pale. It was okay, but kind of orange. Put globs of the cream provided on your hands (especially fingers and palms) because this is the place that it turns really orange or dark brown.

hi i've used it many times and love it good lucck NANA :flower:

I bought a couple sessions for my mother for her birthday last year, and she absolutely loved it. Like me, she's pale and has blond hair, but it looked wonderful on her. It is a little pricey (around $25 per session), but if you're willing to give up $100 every month, give it a try.

If you're really worried about the color, wait to do it on a Friday so you have the weekend to hide away if it doesn't turn out the way you'd hoped. :smile:

anyone here acually went in and did mystic tan? Ive heard good reports about it but i donno i want like first hand from people that have did it?

yea ive done the mystic tan it works great! it doesnt damage your skin at all and it only takes like 30 seconds. it doesnt really last as long as they say but it lasts a decent amount of time, about a 3-4 days maybe 5. and it doesnt have that orange look to it like a fake tanner.

Can someone explain this a little better? Is it like an airbrush tan?

yup its basically where you go stand in this cube like box and airbrushs from the side spray self tanner on you, its suppose to be a natual looking tan but i donno if it turns orange or streaky.

I guess it would really depend on how powerful you want it to look. I've seen girls come out of the airbrush tan looking absolutely gorgeous, but others, eh, I sort of want to place them next to a pumpkin and go trick or treating.

I just did Mystic for the first time today :P And I must say, the tan I got from it is gorgeous. I tanned in the regular bed at 9am, then went home, ate some breakfast and then showered, (to get the lotion that I used off, because you can't have lotion on your body when you do the mystic except on your hands and feet), then at about noon I went to do the Mystic. I was really scared, but it wasn't a big deal. The only problem I had was that when the spray came up to my face, my lungs automatically inhaled, because the spray was so cold. So every time the spray came to my face, I breathed in. Thank goodness it's not toxic, or I'd be worried. I'm not going to keep using it though, because I'd rather have a real tan, but it gives me some extra color while I work toward the perfect spring time glow :heart:

I have the same reaction in those mystic tan booths…. I freak out and think I HAVE to breathe…. I read in Allure that the FDA is uncertain about the effects of the spray on the lungs… so I am trying my best to HOLD my breath.

hehe! I even tried breathing in when the sprays went down to the floor, but even when I did that I still felt like I had to breath when it sprayed my face. I think I'm going to buy those nose filters so that it doesn't matter if you breath it in or not. I may look like an idiot, but at least the inside of my lungs won't be tan :wink:

Does it rub off on your clothes? What about when your sweating, wouldn't it then?

Originally posted by lovespell@Mar 9th, 2004 - 9:47 am
Does it rub off on your clothes? What about when your sweating, wouldn't it then?
a little comes off right after on socks etc... so wear sweats but it all comes out in the wash.... you are not supposed to sweat for awhile after it. so i would usually work out, then get sprayed, go home wait the entire day and take a shower the evening before I go out and that seemed to work great.

yea and whats the level of darkness you can get without looking orange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->