Mystic Tan

Around my town, it ranges from $16-$25 depending on where it is.

Near me its around $25, the tan doesn't come off on ur clothes or anything like that. Most tans come out great but it depends on ur skin color, if ur very light it sometimes looks a little orangie. Also if u keep ur arms down at all, or your leggs are touching then u will get a very streaky, uneven tan.

You shouldn't come out orange at all.

For me it cost $9.99 (because they were running a special), and my best friend works there so she gave me a $5 off coupon, so it cost me $4.99 :P Generally it's about $20-$30 per session.

Here are some tips for before and after you go into the Mystic:

*Shower at least 12, but not after 2 hours before you go.

*EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE!!!! I cannot say this enough. If you have any sort of dry patch of skin, make sure it's gone before you go in. Little patches of dry skin don't matter though :wink:

*Make sure your skin is fully moisturized before you go. However, don't put any lotion on at least an hour before you go.

*WEAR DARK COLORS ONLY! AND NO WHITE BRAS! Most of the solution will wash off, but just as a precautionary measure, I'd recommend wearing a black shirt and dark jeans.

*Remove ALL makeup!

*I don't recommend wearing the footies that they give you, unless you are covering your whole foot. If you do it just to cover your toes, you will get lines.

*The solution won't do anything to your hair, except make it dirty, so I recommend wearing the shower cap they give you, but make sure your hairline and ears are exposed.

*There is a barrier cream dispenser on the wall-USE IT! However, only use it on your hands and feet. Put a light coat on your feet, and many coats on your toes, toenails, sides of the feet and heels. DO NOT put the barrier cream on the bottom of your feet. Put 3 generous coats of the cream on your hands, and even many more coats on your palms. MAKE SURE YOUR NAILS ARE COMPLETELY COVERED!!!

*In case you might end up inhaling some of the solution, I would recommend buying nose filters, or sticking 2 small balls of tissue up your nose.

They will generally explain to you how to use the machine, but in case they don't:

After following the above instructions, step into the machine. There is a metal platform that you stand on and face the sprayers. Place your legs shoulder width apart, and then lean forward and press the green button. You will have something like 5-10 seconds before it starts. At this point, double check that your legs are far enough apart, and then place your arms away from your sides, making sure your elbows are bent. CLOSE YOUR EYES AND MOUTH! Try to breath only when the sprayers go to your feet. The solution is very cold, and like it did to me, it might make your body feel the need to inhale. Try to avoid this. It will spray your front for 14 seconds, and then pause, to give you 10 seconds to turn around. Stand the same way you did as it was spraying your front, except this time, make sure you bring your palms in front of your stomach so that they do not get sprayed. After 14 seconds, the sprayers will stop, and then you step out of the machine.

Wipe yourself off completely with they towel they provide you, making sure any excess solution is removed. Don't worry, your skin has already absorbed the solution, and this is just excess. Wiping it off will not make you streaky in the slightest. You have to make sure that ALL excess is wiped off, so that you do not get spots that are darker, and so you won't stain your clothing. Afterwards, get dressed as normal.

DO NOT shower for at LEAST 4 hours after using the Mystic Tan. After 4 hours, you may shower as you normally do, but I wouldn't recommed exfoliating. I don't know for sure that it will do anything, but just to make sure.

I think that covers it! Good luck! :wink:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Mar 10th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Mystic tan reminds me of that episode of Friends when Ross came out orange lol :P
Hmm, I don't remember that one! Must've been funny! But I do remember when he got his teeth bleached and they were like airplane-paint-white! :lol:

Originally posted by MurakamiPrincess+Mar 10th, 2004 - 3:42 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MurakamiPrincess @ Mar 10th, 2004 - 3:42 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-vintage_princess@Mar 10th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Mystic tan reminds me of that episode of Friends when Ross came out orange lol :P
Hmm, I don't remember that one! Must've been funny! But I do remember when he got his teeth bleached and they were like airplane-paint-white! :lol: [/b][/quote]
I remember that one too :wink:
Off TOPIC since this is about Friends but why does all the beauty experiments always go wrong for Ross? lol :P

I have done Mystic numerous times. Attached is a pic of me last summer 2 days after doing Mystic, (Ignore the horrible makup.....dumb girl made me look like a clown! :angry: )

UGH! I forgot how shiney I am in that pic

I donno if it would darlene, its fairly new.

@Marisa how many times did you have to go to get to that shade?

I did mystic tan last week and it worked well...no complaints from me! B)

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Apr 7th, 2004 - 8:28 pm
I did mystic tan last week and it worked well...no complaints from me! B)
really? it wasnt orange or christina A too black or anything?!?!
How much was it? lol

A girl in my class said she did it but it was horrible. Like 3 days after she got it her face was white again then on her legs she had run marks i guess from the drips? Then she had orange hands?!?!

I asked her if she wiped it all off adn she was like yea (but if she had how did she get the drippy things?) Then she was like i went home and put on selt tanner to try to cover up the drips(maybe thats how she got the orange hands?) I asked her if she did everything the lotion on the hands and feet and she was like yea i bought everything they suggested.. I donno if i do it i dont want to turn out like her......cause it looked like sh*t.

I'm really pale, and I'm worried that if I do it my tan will be too unbelievable, too dark... Any pale peoples opinions!?

My sister Ali had to use it before a photo shoot because she was too white...really pale at the time! She liked it! She said it smelled a little funny, but not as bad as most self tanning creams/sprays. She said the only place it got too dark/orange was the bottoms of her feet. It looked pretty natural and the shoot went great!
:blush:

Originally posted by Sloan@May 6th, 2004 - 12:29 pm
My sister Ali had to use it before a photo shoot because she was too white...really pale at the time! She liked it! She said it smelled a little funny, but not as bad as most self tanning creams/sprays. She said the only place it got too dark/orange was the bottoms of her feet. It looked pretty natural and the shoot went great!
:blush:
thats awesome i really want to try it now cause of all the good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->