Need Comfy Shoe Advice...

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by poeticmutiny, Dec 8, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. poeticmutiny

poeticmutiny New Member

I have a job that is pretty demanding in terms of walking sometimes (oftentimes when things are going wrong.) Anyway, I'm tired of sacrificing comfort for style. I want both! Any suggestions for sexy closed toe shoes that offer all the support that healthy shoes provide?

Thanks!

2. chanel_girl

chanel_girl Melody Nelson

No offense but a sexy comfortable shoe is not possible it is either sexy or comfy but never sexy and comfy usualy a sexy shoe is something with a heel,Manolo Blahnik,Dior etc. a comfy shoe is usualy Birkinstock[Don't get these no matter what!] :sick: ,Nike etc.so if you want sexy shoes get stilettos if you want comfy shoes get Nike or something hope that helps :flower: .but if you want to get sexy shoes then get Manolo Blahnik out of all the heels they are the most comfortable

3. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

What about a pointy toed mule? or ballerina slippers? or loafers?

Celine ballerina shoes :heart:

[​IMG] Marc, by M.J. kidskin leather flat [​IMG]

Marc, by M.J. Patent driver loafers

[​IMG] Manolo Blahnik Moccasin mule :heart: [​IMG]

4. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

you have three choices....

1. wear cute sneakers to work (not keds, nikes, reeboks, but like prada sports, hogans, even chanel) and change into pumps for the rest of the day. i know a lot of people find this idea repugnant but i tried it out with really really funky prada sports and got nothing but compliments.

2. wear lower heels. it may only be a couple of inches difference but it saves a world of pain. there are plenty of shoes (even manolos and kitten heeled marc jacobs) that have lower heels that look as cute as high heels without the throbbing pain at the end of the day.

3. if your office locks, i would suggest (as one of my secretaries did when i worked in politics) just keeping a box of shoes underneath your desk. sort of an at-work shoe closet just like one you have at home. that way you can change into your power heels before a meeting but still sit safely behind your desk in a pair of delmans.

5. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I used to do that when I worked at Dior, it was a pain to be standing in italian shoes all day doing makeup :doh:

6. poeticmutiny

poeticmutiny New Member

No offence taken ... but I do believe you're wrong chanel girl. But thanks for your input.

I've heard that Donald J Pliner has apparently pulled off the balancing act between sexiness and comfort. Can anyone second this?

7. Barbie

Barbie New Member

I own the MJ kidskin flats in black and trust me they are fab.... :heart:

8. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

The Marc Jacobs are cute. Very mod. B)

9. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

I agree! B)

10. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

the white MJs are cute :blush: the red patent i wouldnt even let my grandma wear those :sick:

11. NIKKA

NIKKA New Member

I agree. I own a couple although I had to add some pads to the mules I got but they were 3 inch heels and very sexy. They have lower heeled ones too but they are really sexy. Also to look at is stuart weitzman they have some nice pieces with
    padded in-soles. I can never really bring myself to buy Manolos (no offense to the manolo fans) . But with the price they charge they could at least add some padding for the ball of the foot and a better sole like Donald J. Pliner does. I did really try to buy Manolos and Choos but they all look so flimsy.

12. banana

banana New Member

Aerosoles and Hush Puppies are comfier shoes and some of the newer styles aren't that bad. :unsure: I wear boots with a platform/wedge heel but I guess they are more funky than sexy, but certainly sexier than sneakers.

I wouldn't worry about it. In my opinion being able to walk properly in your shoes is way sexier than the girl who is always taking off her heels to rub her nasty sore feet. :sick: