Need Comfy Shoe Advice...

poeticmutiny

Reaction score
I have a job that is pretty demanding in terms of walking sometimes (oftentimes when things are going wrong.) Anyway, I'm tired of sacrificing comfort for style. I want both! Any suggestions for sexy closed toe shoes that offer all the support that healthy shoes provide?

Thanks!

No offense but a sexy comfortable shoe is not possible it is either sexy or comfy but never sexy and comfy usualy a sexy shoe is something with a heel,Manolo Blahnik,Dior etc. a comfy shoe is usualy Birkinstock[Don't get these no matter what!] :sick: ,Nike etc.so if you want sexy shoes get stilettos if you want comfy shoes get Nike or something hope that helps :flower: .but if you want to get sexy shoes then get Manolo Blahnik out of all the heels they are the most comfortable

What about a pointy toed mule? or ballerina slippers? or loafers?

Celine ballerina shoes :heart:

p10485160_ph_hero.jpg
Marc, by M.J. kidskin leather flat
p10446655_ph_hero.jpg

Marc, by M.J. Patent driver loafers

F4S3664_mn.jpg
Manolo Blahnik Moccasin mule :heart:
F4S3920_mn.jpg

you have three choices....

1. wear cute sneakers to work (not keds, nikes, reeboks, but like prada sports, hogans, even chanel) and change into pumps for the rest of the day. i know a lot of people find this idea repugnant but i tried it out with really really funky prada sports and got nothing but compliments.

2. wear lower heels. it may only be a couple of inches difference but it saves a world of pain. there are plenty of shoes (even manolos and kitten heeled marc jacobs) that have lower heels that look as cute as high heels without the throbbing pain at the end of the day.

3. if your office locks, i would suggest (as one of my secretaries did when i worked in politics) just keeping a box of shoes underneath your desk. sort of an at-work shoe closet just like one you have at home. that way you can change into your power heels before a meeting but still sit safely behind your desk in a pair of delmans.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 8th, 2003 - 4:20 pm
just keeping a box of shoes underneath your desk.
I used to do that when I worked at Dior, it was a pain to be standing in italian shoes all day doing makeup :doh:

No offence taken ... but I do believe you're wrong chanel girl. But thanks for your input.

I've heard that Donald J Pliner has apparently pulled off the balancing act between sexiness and comfort. Can anyone second this?

I own the MJ kidskin flats in black and trust me they are fab.... :heart:

the white MJs are cute :blush: the red patent i wouldnt even let my grandma wear those :sick:

Originally posted by poeticmutiny@Dec 12th, 2003 - 1:01 pm
No offence taken ... but I do believe you're wrong chanel girl. But thanks for your input.

I've heard that Donald J Pliner has apparently pulled off the balancing act between sexiness and comfort. Can anyone second this?
I agree. I own a couple although I had to add some pads to the mules I got but they were 3 inch heels and very sexy. They have lower heeled ones too but they are really sexy. Also to look at is stuart weitzman they have some nice pieces with
padded in-soles. I can never really bring myself to buy Manolos (no offense to the manolo fans) . But with the price they charge they could at least add some padding for the ball of the foot and a better sole like Donald J. Pliner does. I did really try to buy Manolos and Choos but they all look so flimsy.

Aerosoles and Hush Puppies are comfier shoes and some of the newer styles aren't that bad. :unsure: I wear boots with a platform/wedge heel but I guess they are more funky than sexy, but certainly sexier than sneakers.

I wouldn't worry about it. In my opinion being able to walk properly in your shoes is way sexier than the girl who is always taking off her heels to rub her nasty sore feet. :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->