Neil Barrett F/W 06.07 NYC

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
the collection is up at style.com:

NEW YORK, February 7, 2006 – Neil Barrett couldn't have picked a better moment to debut his women's collection. Suits are in the ascendancy, and this Milan-based British menswear designer cuts a mean one. For fall, he worked two themes: formal eveningwear and the army. That translated into trim black coats inset with satin cummerbunds (a timely detail given fashion's ongoing obsession with the waist), curving pencil skirts with tuxedo stripes, and lapel-less jackets, all tailored with a military precision. Slim pants with a sexy swagger were a highpoint, especially for those of us who miss Helmut Lang. Structure is Barrett's calling card, but he didn't lose his sense for proportions when he did soft, belting a boat-neck sweater over a flaring double-layer skirt. His last look—a pleated cocktail dress with a trompe l'oeil effect—was the most feminine of the bunch, perhaps indicating where this talented designer will take his womenswear next.

– Nicole Phelps

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

Black, black, and more black. Tad bit grey and green. Black. Black. Black black black black. :blink:

This is very very nice. I like it. His womenswear is strong, and it's only his second season, I believe. :heart:

i love all the black. but when i first looked at the pictures i thought Balenciaga.

i like the leather jacket in post no.2 ! :heart:
& the the sleek top w/puffy skirt silhouette is nice imo . .
cut of the trousers & jackts is generally sleek . . nice
* agree tht all together it seems bit much . .
but seperately there are some lovely pieces ;]

black is toatlly getting on my nerves...
still, the collection is genious.. very well made, very worked out :heart:

I'm not usually a fan of Barrett's menswear, but this is gorgeous...and unlike the sentiments above, I am loving the sleek black silhouette ^_^

Fade to Black said:
I'm not usually a fan of Barrett's menswear, but this is gorgeous...and unlike the sentiments above, I am loving the sleek black silhouette ^_^

and you are more than welcome to wear it :wink:

fashionista-ta said:
and you are more than welcome to wear it :wink:

hmm...sorry if i seem slow, i didn't quite understand this post?

anyway I'm lovin the very second look in this photo with the white shirt/black tie...this is probably the best womens collection thats gonna come out of NY week.

^ We know you guys love black ... Just pointing out that we're the ones who will wear it ... or not ^_^ Unless you want to introduce the manskirt to your campus :wink:

I really love the collection. I like how he use some men's wear looks in women's collection. I see myself wearing lots of the outfits in office - if I can afford everything :D

weird! this doesn't look like txell miras at all to me anymore! i wonder if she stopped designing the womenswear

the wwd review

Neil Barrett: Is Hollywood ready for the idea of his-and-her tuxes? Maybe not yet, but Neil Barrett would like to change its thinking. Known for his men's wear, which is a favorite of Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal, the designer offered a capsule collection of sleek if literal black-tie options for the ladies. Barrett, who normally shows in Milan, was so excited when he saw the finished women's lineup that he decided spur of the moment to present it in New York for the first time. (He plans to show here once a year, moving forward.) His black-on-black and faint military motif was right on the current masculine mark, and the lean cut of his pencil skirts and cigarette pants will appeal to those who go for fuss-free shapes. So which red-carpet doyennes does Barrett think could pull off these razor-thin tux looks? His nominees are: Naomi Watts, Julianne Moore and Kirsten Dunst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaaa123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->