Nensi Dojaka S/S 2025 London

She used to do this boudoir kinda fashion so well 3 years back, but I guess the blandification of fashion got to her too.

I really don't understand her success. Everything she makes looks like there isn't enough to it. So lacking and wane.

I like some of it, but it’s quite basic

Loved seeing Yasmin! Lulu looked tired :/

a
Like any young designer, he doesn't understand who has the money and instead of adding more functional elements to his design language, he continues to live by the first collection.

She thinks the fact that shops like SSENSE bought a bit into her brand got her on the right track to keep going with more of the same when in fact they just buy a bit of 'edgy up-and-coming' designer just to have a bit of that in their portfolio and not because they think it will build them a growing, longevitable business.

Most London designers fell into this category and Brexit made it even harder for emerging fashion businesses to sustain themselves - And truth be told, there were way, WAY better London-based designers before her.

Givenchy luckily didn't go to her and most of her predecessors would have found employment at a prestigious house at this point. And yet she is still here continuing to show the same barely there lingerie-like dresses which she never build up something solidly sellable up on. I doubt she can solidify her business from that and will likely be replaced by a newer designer when she no longer fits that bill.

^ These clothes are also of average quality, I once wanted to buy skirts from her, but on the website of the store that sells her clothes in my country, in the photos you could already see that the quality was not the best.
Most London designers fell into this category and Brexit made it even harder for emerging fashion businesses to sustain themselves - And truth be told, there were way, WAY better London-based designers before her.
If she want to have a long-term business, unfortunately she has to move her company or create a branch in another European country to avoid customs. There are several independent, well-functioning fashion houses that do not belong to large holding company, which are actually based in Switzerland, the official marketing says they are French or American.

Knowing life, in 5 or 10 years it will completely collapse.

If she want to have a long-term business, unfortunately she has to move her company or create a branch in another European country to avoid customs. There are several independent, well-functioning fashion houses that do not belong to large holding company, which are actually based in Switzerland, the official marketing says they are French or American.

Knowing life, in 5 or 10 years it will completely collapse.

Back in the early 2000s, there were manufacturing companies like GIBO (a subsidiary of ONWARD) or Aeffe and a few others who produced the collections of independent designers in licsense. GIBO produced Hussein Chalayan, Viktor & Rolf and Veronique Branquinho and also handled their distribution for a time and it meant that goods were produced and shipped from Italy.

I‘m not aware if that‘s still a common practice but it was for a time a solution for independent designers when the business was not large enough to handle it all under the same roof. They could focus on the design and entrust for their collections to be produced and marketed professionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->