New York City Sass and Bide store opening

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...this looks cool...you'll be able to get custom jeans made, which i know a few celebs do (from them) already:

Scott Morrison started Earnest Sewn last year, after parting ways with former employer Paper, Denim & Cloth, and serves as its president. He’s built the brand into a $20 million business by embracing an imperfect aesthetic.

The jeans, which command retail prices in excess of $200, are made using single-needle sewing machines, evoking the rougher feel of jeans from the late 19th century. For instance, the twin seams running down the inside leg of the jeans tend not to be parallel in this sewing method.The 2,600-square-foot store, located on the ground floor of the same building in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District that houses the company’s showroom, is on target to open April 15, Morrison said. It will be a wide-open space, with exposed brick walls, rough-wood flooring and decorations including a 500-pound bale of cotton, sewing machines and other implements of jeans manufacturing.

“It certainly has a museum-type quality, where you can really see how the jeans are made,” Morrison said Tuesday. “We’ll have a lot of stuff that you can’t do in a regular retail store. We’ll be able to sew full garments down there. You can go in there and basically hand-pick any roll of denim you want. Pick your back pockets, pick your rivets, your hardware, pick out your fit…and you can have them sew up your jeans.”

Morrison said he expects it to take about 60 to 75 minutes for the jeans to be finished, which he acknowledged means custom customers will “probably want to go have lunch” while they wait. The service is likely to appeal only to fans of dark, rigid denim, since the store will not be equipped with an industrial washer.

In addition to the full jeans line, the store will stock the An Earnest Cut and Sew sportswear line that the company plans to unveil in June, and accessories from other vendors, including Carpe Diem shoes and Holland & Holland bags. A 400-square-foot room in the back of the store will serve as a seasonal boutique, where brands and retailers from overseas will be invited to set up a temporary in-store shop.

Thats cool, but a little redundant. You can by Sewns at Scoop in the Meat Packing district and in tons of other places in the city. At least they will likely have more sizes and washes in stock than the larger stores. The idea of costumizing excites me too, Thanks for posting!

MJCouture said:
Thats cool, but a little redundant. You can by Sewns at Scoop in the Meat Packing district and in tons of other places in the city. At least they will likely have more sizes and washes in stock than the larger stores. The idea of costumizing excites me too, Thanks for posting!

I saw a ton of them in Barneys/NM outlets - $80
:innocent:

They are so hyped, it's all talk, i remeber befor they came out they where syaing it was based on wabi sabi:rolleyes:. the jaans are nice though...

Even if Earnests are already available all over Manhattan, I think it sounds like a cool store.

The store is really cool on the inside, although I think it's a little overdone

There is a room in the back with real grass and a fake cabin and everything...old leather chairs all around...theme theme theme
very masculine feeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->