New York City shopping for men (DH, number9, cloak...)

osn19

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My name is Gabriel. I'm 28. I live in Paris.

I am a big fan of DH, Costume National, Rick Owens, Number Nine, Cloak, Raf Simons, :heart: etc... You can imagine my taste...

I am coming 4 days in NY at the begining of june. And am looking forward to shop :flower:

I would like to know what are the best shops in town (knowing my tastes, see above) :blush:

I have already read a part of this thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f97/new-york-city-shopping-10079-19.html?highlight=york

Please give me your best ideas !^_^

osn19 said:
Hello everybody,

My name is Gabriel. I'm 28. I live in Paris.

I am a big fan of DH, Costume National, Rick Owens, Number Nine, Cloak, Raf Simons, :heart: etc... You can imagine my taste...

I am coming 4 days in NY at the begining of june. And am looking forward to shop :flower:

I would like to know what are the best shops in town (knowing my tastes, see above) :blush:

I have already read a part of this thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f97/new-york-city-shopping-10079-19.html?highlight=york

Please give me your best ideas !^_^

Look at one of the first posts of my blog. Cloak store is at 10 greene st.

Thank you for the advice !
Your post is very interesting.

Since I only have 4 days, what would be the top 3 or top 5 ?

osn19 said:
Thank you for the advice !
Your post is very interesting.

Since I only have 4 days, what would be the top 3 or top 5 ?

You are welcome:

1. Atelier
2. Barneys
3. Cloak flagship
4. IF boutique
5. Jeffrey (not sure worth a visit, but maybe)

Atelier, Cloak, and IF are within walking distance. Dior Homme boutique is walking distance from Barneys. Saks also has a fairly large DH selection (but I'd assume it's cheaper in Paris).

Thank you ! That's very useful. I will definitly go there.
BTW, I used to read your blog you know !

Actualy I mainly wear DH, cause it's so easy to find here in Paris. I have quiet many pieces now in my dressing room.

To give you an idea (it might interest people), usually full retail prices in Dior Boutiques in Paris are as follow :

jeans : from 230€ to 400€
shirts : from 180€ to 270€
t-shirts : from 120€
jackets : from 1000€ to 1600€
suits (2 pieces) : from 1200€ to 2200€
leather jackets : from 1900€ (summer) to 2600 (winter)
shoes : from 350€
ties : from 80€
jewelry : from 200€ (this is the most expensive stuff compared to what you get...)
accessories : belts, wallets (from 200€)
etc...

DH is getting cheaper than it used to be a few years ago. Now you can get a pair of DH jeans nearly the same price as a Diesel !!
Of course this is aproximate prices, That's what I usualy pay (even though I prefer buying during sales period : 30% off...)

But Number9, cloak, Rick Owens are not so easy to find and very expensive here (even more than DH sometimes...). So I guess I'll have a close look at those when in NY.

Maybe due to converting, DH might even be cheaper in NY ?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->