Nicolas Andreas Taralis S/S 09

mikelowrey

†††
Reaction score
didn't find any discussion on this yet.. Nicolas is re-launching his own label for this spring, it will consist of about 25 looks for men, with some unisex styles and also jeans for women. should start hitting some stores in january-february. in March, he will also present a women's collection in Paris.

there are no pictures of the collection yet, but they should show up sometime soon :flower:

interview from scoute.org:

h01.jpg

You're re-launching your own collection for s/s09, was the decision to continue that route easy? Definately not in the present economic situation! It was a very difficult choice considering I am totally independent. But it felt to me like the right thing to do and the right place to put my heart and energy into.

Do you prefer to think that you're picking up from where you left earlier or rather of this being a completely new start?
Every collection is in it's way a continuation of the last. That said, it's over a year and a half since I presented a collection under my own name, so things have changed a little and I've grown up as a person and designer and moved on. There's certainly a new element to the collection. I'll leave that for others to mull-over though, for me it's really a spontaneous thing.

How would you describe your aesthetic in general?
That's a tricky question because every adjective that I can find to describe my work I'll just as soon contradict it with another. But I really believe in the now and here, I'm not interested in looking back, or doing historical or trendy things. It's very graphic, linear, sober, (maybe some would even say stoic) and very much influenced, in a very spontaneous way, by nothing in particular: No big narrative (I can't work like that) and no nostalgia, just now.

The new collection is mostly men's with some unisex styles, will you present a women's line as well?
Absolutely, I am planning on presenting Women's in March in Paris, this coming year. Doing women's wear is wonderful – I enjoy fully all the avenues of expression that it affords.

rest here

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i saw the preview on his facebook page of his signature jeans look. can't say a lot about it as it's not much at this point. but i am certain it will be a pick up from where he left off which is a thrilling prospect!!

^ oh god... PLEASE let that happen :rofl:

I thought his jeans for women were already available :unsure:. This must be for F/W 08.09, no?, or am I too lost? :ninja: ..

[scanned by me from Purple Magazine F/W 08.09]

The advertising images in Purple, Fantastic Man and O32c are actually teasers for his upcoming SS'09 collection - A little bit confusing in terms of the timing in which they were issued, but as far as I understand, it was meant more as a first reminder that he's back with something of his own, than a proper collection advertising.

That being said, I've seen his collection up close in Paris - It's been fairly small and exclusively men's for the first step, all impeccably well-finished. It's a little less rigid now with washed, tailored jackets and pants, blouse-y silk/cotton voile shirts and occassional accents of faded, grey-ish pastel greys and pinks offering a nice contrast to the clean, modernist tailoring that has always been his strength... it's almost a little romantic if you want.

^ aww... that is kind of endearing :blush::lol: It would be amazing if it ever happened.

what's with this constant talk about him doing dior homme? despite the difficulties of being independently-financed as he was mentioning before, it's good that he is designing his own collection, instead of always being refered to as 'a former hedi slimane assistant'.

imo it's nothing to do with Hedi, it's because K.V.A. sucks and A.N.T. would be so much better :winkiss:

what's with this constant talk about him doing dior homme? despite the difficulties of being independently-financed as he was mentioning before, it's good that he is designing his own collection, instead of always being refered to as 'a former hedi slimane assistant'.

many see his aesthetic as somewhat similar to Dior Homme (or what it used to be like), so it would be interesting to see what he could do with the label especially since its in quite poor hands now :blink:

Yeah ^^ and that sheer blazer is pretty much amazing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->