Nicolas Andreas Taralis Updates

Reaction score
Hello, did you noticed that Nicolas Andreas Taralis's website is now online finally, no much things but we can have an idea of next season.what do you think?! The modem says he will have a show in Paris next month..
www.nicolasandreastaralis.com

we'll sure try to 'cover' Andreas' show as soon as it comes out on the web, he has some hardcore fans here at tFS :wink:
for more Andreas threads, scroll at the end of the page :wink:

Lena said:
we'll sure try to 'cover' Andreas' show as soon as it comes out on the web, he has some hardcore fans here at tFS :wink:
for more Andreas threads, scroll at the end of the page :wink:

Oops... :shock:

You must have cought me worshipping :lol: ...

ohhh, that´s good to hear... YAY... more support for Andreas... from his homebase, so to speak :lol:

It´s good to have somebody like him - especially when the whole surrounding is talking about new minimalism, refined dressing and couture, it´s refreshing to have somebody that goes a completely different direction with his collection... I really can´t find a suitable descriptions for his style, but I guess that´s a good thing, isn´t it?!

Don't kill me for saying so,but I simply cannot joing the praises of Taralis. I like his technique but overall it's very similar to Haider Ackermann's style. And it's much too slick and as Tricot said,refined.

Btw,what's all this talk of new minimalism(sounds like a forthcoming topic on Trends board,actually)? Didn't we endure enough bland refinement already throughout the 90's? I don't think I'd welcome such a thing with open arms..too mind numbing and repetitive before.

hmm scott I don't really see Haider's style in his work, may be a little bit.

I really really liek what he does.

I vaguely remember seeing his work quite a while ago and liking it, but I can't remember much of what it looked like.

I don't have strong feelings on his work either one way or the another, but I must say that I find his website absolutely dreadful. :yuk:

Sorry Scott, that´s what I didn´t mean to express - I don´t see his collection as "refined"... I just tried to sum up the mood that is currently in the air, and I don´t think Nicolas´ work fits into any of those categories... I am also not trying to show that he is the only one with an individual spirit, but he certainly has a voice that is his...

Maybe you´re right that his work is very slick and less "handmade" in the appearance, but I think it´s just in the eye of beholder if one can appreciate that aesthetic or not. I have always appreciated designers (Yohji Yamamoto, Hedi Slimane´s late YSL/early Dior Homme, Helmut Lang) with a very stark, focussed view. Minimalism, or redux as I´d rather like to call it, doesn´t necessarily need to be boring, for me it´s focussing on the essential, just like a strict Zen aesthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHORT UPDATE:

Nicolas Andreas Taralis has designed a limited edition capsule collection for french label SURFACE TO AIR. The collection slightly echos the direction of his mainline collection and Dior Homme, back when he designed for Hedi Slimane - slim fitted one button blazers, a lean trenchcoat, parka and army surplus vest with plenty of details - at a pricepoint much lower than the mainline, aprox. 200 € - 300 € for jackets, footwear between 60 € - 250 € (ranging from a printed Van´s Slip-On style to a pair of fabulous suede cowboy boots). The line is regarded as completely unisex, with the small sizes being intended for girls (and Dior-model-types).

I´m in touch with people from Surface 2 Air, that´s where I got the info... I asked them because they introduced the collection as both for men and women and it obviously had a punk/dior edge, so since I didn´t know how that should work out, I asked them if I should regard it as a line like Jens Laugesen or Nicolas Andreas Taralis (which are both worn by men and women due to the relatively androgynous cutting), that´s how they told me it was Nicolas designing the collction this season.

Didn't he do some jeans for S2A already? I thougth I read soemthng like that ...
I love both companies, so I would deffinetly be intrested in that.

i didn't know about this at all. i'd be interested to check it out too, since what they're offering are unisex pieces. shouldn't be a problem with my sizing at all then.

thanks for the head ups trico.

He didn't do a denim line for surface to air, but surface to air bought some denim pieces of his last summer collection, they still have some pieces in their shop that you can buy
surface to air have their own jean collection and Nicolas his own collection too.

Diamond & Pearls said:
He didn't do a denim line for surface to air, but surface to air bought some denim pieces of his last summer collection, they still have some pieces in their shop that you can buy
surface to air have their own jean collection and Nicolas his own collection too.

Hey D&P, as much as you seem to be a devoted fan, I really wonder if I´ll see you attending the show next week ...?! ^_^

Diamond & Pearls said:
humm...who knows?!......

I´ll simply watch out for a lady wearing the woven-back-detail denim jacket that I always wanted but couldn´t find elsewhere... ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->