Nikelab x Olivier Rousteing Capsule Collection by Nick Knight

Aizanara

Reaction score

OLIVER ROUSTEING’s capsule collection for NIKE LAB
BY KIERAN WALSH
Oliver Rousteing, the Creative Director for Balmain, recently took a break from his haute couture fashion house, for a new collaboration; NikeLab x Olivier Rousteing: Football Nouveau collection.

For the collection, which will be available June 2nd, Rousteing set out to encapsulate the life of the modern soccer player in an “off-the-field” look. The French designer blended the two worlds of fashion and sport by incorporating his design expertise with iconic pieces of Nike sportswear.

A lot of people dream about athletes and a lot of people dream about models. So I really believe it was normal to connect those two worlds and I believe that soccer players are the new icons of today.
– Oliver Rousteing

And who better to represent those icons than some of biggest faces in French soccer, Blaise Matuidi and Laure Boulleau, both key players in their Paris based club Paris Saint-Germain, again intertwining French fashion and French soccer. The face of Nike soccer, Cristiano Ronaldo, was also included in the collection as an icon for the modern soccer player, on the field and off. All of this was tied together and captured by Nick Knight in a dramatic campaign that has been teased out this week on Instagram.

Fashion and footballers go well together and we look forward to seeing more of Rousteing’s fancy footwork both on and off the pitch.

theimpression, tetu.fr, dazeddigital

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks fantastic. Olivier should consider a move to a fashion house where he can explore a more urban/athleisure aesthetic because this is miles ahead of anything he's done for Balmain.

Omg, the pouting! Even as he kicks the ball!! :lol: This type of clothing simply doesn't appeal to me (too gaudy!), but it actually looks pretty good. Especially most of the women's looks.

It does look like there's a conflict of interest going on here. Rousteing's style seems too synonymous with that of Balmain, so I don't understand why it's not 'Nikelab x Balmain'.

^^
It seems like he wants to market himself, like what Riccardo is doing.

He is cute but he looks like a caricature of a fashion designer. The pouting, the makeup, his personal style...etc.
Ronaldo is his perfect Alter-Ego.

As for the clothes, nothing really new but it works. It will sell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->