Nina Ricci "L'Elixir" Fragrance : Florrie Arnold

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
source: perfumeshrine.blogspot.com

this is a bit of a disapointment. they had jessica stam for their last fragrance launch earlier this year.

Isn't it just a special edition for the original Nina? Just like they had with the green and the gold bottle.

It's nothing new, another version of Nina perfume campaign. I prefer Stam.

Stam wasn't even in the Nina one. (or that happened without my knowledge) She did Ricci Ricci.

^Belongs to the same brand, but yes I would say this one is different, this one is a new campaign, an upgrade, from the last one with Ruslana.

i love the tv ad. it's a nice song, and it's a cute, girlier approach of the new nina ricci. the dramatic fantastic days of the old nina by nina ricci are (sadly) over...but i like both ads.

I prefer the one with Ruslana. are they in the same line?
ruslanakorshunova-ninaricci-nina.jpg

supermodels.nl

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the advert for this and the girl they've picked is a good choice, she has a beautiful face and I love the fact that she sings the song in the ad. It's whimsical

Love Florrie and I'm so glad they picked her for this! Too bad she looks awkward in the ad because she's really pretty but oh well.

Nina Ricci’s Secret Weapon: Florrie Arnold
July 16, 2010 2:30 pm

florrie-arnold-versus-nina-ricci-lelixir.jpg

In September, Puig will launch L’Elixir, the latest addition to Nina Ricci’s portfolio of fragrances. The sweetness of the scent seems targeted at a much younger audience than the one for, say, Ricci’s classic L’Air du Temps. So does the fairy-tale marketing. But the princess in this particular fairy tale is another story altogether. Some whiz at Puig had the genius to hire 21-year-old London popstrel Florrie Arnold (pictured, in Versus) as the face of L’Elixir. She was formerly in-house drummer for Xenomania, the star-making machine of British pop (Kylie, Girls Aloud, Cher!), and she still picks up sticks in her live performances. Girl drummers make a small but perfectly formed subspecies in music history, from the Honeycombs’ Honey Lantree and the Velvet Underground’s Moe Tucker to the Shaggs and Sheila E., though it’s scarcely Florrie’s percussive skills that have inveigled the input of cultural barometers like Xenomania’s Brian Higgins and Ponystep’s Richard Mortimer. In L’Elixir’s ad, she sings Blondie’s “Sunday Girl,” and there was indeed something of Debbie Harry’s pure pop pedigree in her shtick when she performed a showcase for Nina Ricci in West London yesterday. (Her band was done up like the cover of Blondie’s Parallel Lines, too.) But it was her coltish Carmen Kass gorgeousness that commanded the room. Though she was playing to a captive audience of a few dozen journalists, she had a similarly mesmerizing effect on the hundreds she performed to in Berlin’s Panorama Bar three weeks ago during Gay Pride. Florrie went out an ingenue, she came back a star. That’s a true pop fairy tale.

*style.com

*nina-parfum.com

the full commercial:

the full music video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Harper's Bazaar Russia February 2011

ebook30

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member