NO Celebrity Collaboration for ZARA

hannapple

Reaction score
"Amid announcements of yet more high street/designer collaborations, such as Roberto Cavalli for H&M, Spanish fashion retailer Zara explain why they have no plans to follow suit.

The store is famous for its fast turn around of catwalk looks to high street and they plan on continuing with this speciality.

As Topshop began an advertising frenzy for its Kate Moss for Topshop range, Zara continues to see no point in high profile advertising. Even its executives shy away from having a public profile, refusing to be named in a recent interview with reuters.

Zara have developed a niche for themselves by shying away from celebrity designers, one executive explains, "Celebrities may work for other brands, not for us."

Zara's parent company, Inditex, has quickly become the second largest selling fashion retailer with Zara making up two thirds of those sales."

source: catwalkqueen

i dont know about you guys but this just makes me love zara more.:flower:

Attachments

• eur_erco_zara_intro_1_0.jpg
    eur_erco_zara_intro_1_0.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 7
Good. I think Zara is better quality than H&M anyways.

I think it's really good and it makes me love Zara more too! :flower:

As everyone else, I'm happy to hear that :D
Nice to see that Zara doesn't follow this stupid trend.
And they don't need to, they always have great stuff! In comparison to e.g. H&M, who really needs something like that to drag people insite their stores (not that I would like those "celebrity-design-stuff" they offer, either).

I wish a Zara location was near me. If I'm remembering correctly, the closest store is across the country. :cry: I respect them for making this decision.

OMG Does this mean I'll never get to see the Ashlee Simpson for Zara line?!?!

Kidding. :D

Good for Zara. Nice to see someone doing something different and going against the current trend.

*heaves a huge sigh* The sky is not falling after all! :woot: Brava!!

Love to hear that ... I got sick with celeb collab, cause not all celebs are good designers.... except Jovovich-Hawk and Gwen.

I have loved Zara the most out of the H&M, TopShop, etc. pack anyway ... now I respect them even more.

... so when is Zara coming to Chicago??? That's what I want to know!

I admire their desicion
but honestly they ripped off every single outfit from different catwalks, like Chloe Prada and so...everytime I go in I see a Chloe Dress or a printed skirt inspired by Prada last season...but I love that, because in my country we don't get that...so good for them!
their campaigns are stunning too

^ Agreed. Zara already has a pretty big following and I don't think they really need these types of celebrity collaborations to get higher sales. Their collections are already very much inspired by what we see on the catwalks...

I admire their desicion
but honestly they ripped off every single outfit from different catwalks, like Chloe Prada and so...everytime I go in I see a Chloe Dress or a printed skirt inspired by Prada last season...but I love that, because in my country we don't get that...so good for them!
their campaigns are stunning too

doesnt every high street store filter catwalk looks into their collections? it's not just zara..heaven know's i've seen a marni lookalike dress in topshop.:innocent:

and yeah, i always look forward to their adverts. :wink:

Im kind of glad myself. Even though I dont shop there, Im just getting tired of all of the collarborations.

^ I was just at Zara yesterday and the collections are just getting better and better. They have really nice shoes that just came in too.

and it is definitely better quality that H&M no doubt about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->