NO Celebrity Collaboration for ZARA

Hannaapple
Yes every brand does that, but you have the chance to go to topshop, here in Bsas the only place you can get a beautiful miumiu lookalike sandals, or special prints is Zara, we don't have other stores...
and even here Zara is kind of available, they have nice prices
and the sales are crazy! you should see how many women goes and buy for the entire family...
But on the other hand, sometimes the clothes doesnt fit as well as I wish they do

Yay, this makes me happy!

Although it was pretty obvious. Zara doesn't advertise, and having a celebrity as a designer is advertising. And they have a lot of collections and create them quickly to be very up-to-date, so the celebrity-designer idea didn't sound very Zara-ish.

First of all Zara doesn't need any celebrity to get across a product. It's no surprise to think this company is far more important than Topshop, H&M, Accesorize etc etc in terms of quality and price. Plus, Zara offers nearly a whole new set of pieces every 15 days and I tell you no celebrity is gonna work like mad to make a new collection every two weeks no matter the money.

Secondly, Amancio Ortega is a good old business man and I am sure he and his team know what's best for the business and anyway Mango(it's main rival at least in Spain) has already taken Penélope Cruz for F/W collection and I bet it would be hard to find another celebrity that can outstand Pe since she is making it big and her clothing line is creating such a big fuss( yesterday's party in Ibiza was, according to the media, THE party of the summer even the Casiraghis attended!)

Last edited by a moderator:
... and I tell you no celebrity is gonna work like mad to make a new collection every two weeks no matter the money.

What annoys me so much about those collaborations is that those celebrities don't work at all. They are shown other people's designs and choose which ones they like and that's all they actually do.
And People go and buy that stuff (no matter how silly it often looks ) because they think Madonna or Kylie Minogue designed it. :angry:

Plus, Zara offers nearly a whole new set of pieces every 15 days ...

That's so true! They got new stuff all the time, I don't have to wait for months. And I don't really care if they ripp off high brands, I mean, that is what people want to wear. I'd rather buy something I like now for a small amount of money than buy something I didn't even like month before for a big amount of money. (That's another point, as mentioned before: the price. I just recently saw a coat at Zara that I could even wear in late autumn that costs less than a summer jacket at other stores)

As for the quality I think they are pretty good, too.
I am still happy with all the clothes I bought at Zara, even after wearing and washing them many times. I do own clothes that don't.

I'm such an idiot. Looking at the title - I was trying to figure out what company had "NO" as their initials :lol:

I've had my jeans from zara for 6 years...best jeans I've ever owned. But now sadly they've all fallen apart. They made my legs look....so long and like a supermodel! Zara has great cuts for jeans I think.

I wish a Zara location was near me. If I'm remembering correctly, the closest store is across the country. :cry: I respect them for making this decision.

actually, the closest one to you in the USA is san francisco. there are 2 here. you must visit! :D

OR, you should drive 2 hours into vancouver! they have one on one of the main shopping streets (robson).

hopefully they will put one in seattle soon. :flower:

...anyway, i am happy that zara is not doing the whole celebrity/big designer collection like h&m, topshop, target, etc. i already love their clothes as is!

Celebrity fashion? No thanks, we're Zara

ARTEIXO, Spain (Reuters) - There are no celebrities in the studios of Spanish fashion chain Zara, just hundreds of twenty-something designers copying catwalk lines faster than their labels can sell them.

While shoppers storm the stores of rival H&M for clothes designed by Madonna and Kylie Minogue, Zara has hitherto shunned the global craze for celebrity-designed, celebrity look-alike fashion.

As Britain's Top Shop buys wall-to-wall publicity for its popular Kate Moss collection, Zara sees no need for high-profile advertising.

Even its executives shun publicity, agreeing to be interviewed on a recent visit on condition they are not named.

"It's all about speed," says one, looking out from a boardroom at a distribution centre the size of an airport terminal at their headquarters in Arteixo, northwestern Spain. "Celebrities may work for other brands, not for us."

Some analysts applaud the formula: Luca Solca of the Bernstein consultancy says stars are a substitute for design, speed and quality. He compares firms that use them to athletes forced to take steroids to compete.

Trendspotter Marian Salzman of the JWT advertising agency in New York agrees: "Zara is right to stay away from celebrities. It doesn't mean it's always going to be that way," she said.

Indeed, analysts say, it was Zara's fast-to-market model and H&M's hip, cheap lines that obliterated the European middle-market and forced competitors to sign up celebrities to compete.

But retail professor Andrew Newman says Zara could begin to slow as it tries to sell the same fashions across 64 countries and still make the majority of clothes in Europe.

In just over a decade, Zara's parent company Inditex has become world's second-biggest selling fashion retailer after Gap Inc. Zara drives two-thirds of sales.

With 8 brands, ranging from higher-end Massimo Dutti to Bershka teenwear, Inditex is opening more than a store a day as it targets fashion-hungry Europeans and China's middle class.

"A classic problem with firms that have been successful is arrogance. It's possible that could happen to Zara," said Newman of Manchester Business School, England.

ZARA SECRETS

It takes up to a year for fashion houses to launch a catwalk collection but Zara can sell expensive-looking, affordable copies of the hottest trends within weeks of their debut.

Zara's limited lines appeal to shoppers who buy luxury look-alike clothes and mix high and low fashion, to keep people guessing if they are wearing Zara or designer label Marni.

Ask about Zara's answer to celebrities and, after swearing not to reveal the designs, journalists are taken to a basement studio where dimly-lit mannequins wear this winter's collection in elegant, minimalist window displays.

"This is our catwalk, this is our marketing," says an Inditex spokesman.

Over the road in a vast warehouse, workers use bikes to navigate between miles of automated rails that ship 60,000 garments an hour to Zara stores and restock them twice a week.

Proximity of these logistic hubs to designers and factories in Europe means Zara can keep its cutting edge speed, rather than lose it, the spokesman explains.

Competitors make clothes in Asia to cut costs but take longer to get clothes to market or halt lines that flop.

CELEB PERILS

Analysts are still concerned Inditex has no plans to build logistics hubs outside Spain -- which no longer provides the majority of sales -- or to increase production in Asia.

Some say Amancio Ortega, Inditex's 71-year-old owner, has to delegate more control for Zara to keep its cutting edge.

He eschews celebrity tie-ins and opposes online sales.

His youngest daughter Marta, 23, begins work at Inditex this year and may join a budding second generation of managers.

Salzman says they will have to deal with Zara stores that are growing "a bit chaotic" and need more staff after two years of cost controls. She fears the label may be settling into being attractive to the middle-aged rather than attracting a new generation.

At some point, they may have to commission stars if that is what customers want, says Salzman in New York.

Among the perils of using celebrities, say analysts, is the fact authentic stars are hard to find and members of the glitterati can become publicity accidents.

U.S. brand Jill Stuart commissioned singer Lindsay Lohan this year only to see her arrested for drunk-driving and check into rehab.

But British mass-market brand New Look sees no end to shoppers wanting to dress like celebs and has signed singer Lily Allen.

In Spain, source of around 40 percent of Inditex sales, actress Milla Jovovich has boosted sales for Barcelona fashion house Mango. Penelope Cruz will add panache to their next collection.

source: reuters
-andrew hay

Good for you, Zara! :smile: Lots of the celeb stuff is kind of funky. The only H&M designer collection I ever got stuff from was the 2005 Stella one.

Now start selling more US size 2s. Size 2 seems to be very rare, and only in select items, even in countries where people are smaller (I was in Hong Kong in 2005 and the sizes were the same as they are here in Canada. Size 4 can be a little too big sometimes!). Maybe even make petites (okay, I'm dreaming on this part)...

Bravo for Zara!
It's my favourite high-street store... Mango is a distant second.
Unfortunately most of the time, the quality from H&M leaves much to be desired.

They rip off so many designers they don't need celebrity collaborations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->