Noir Kei Ninomiya F/W 2022.23 Tokyo

This reminded me more of Anrealage than Ninomiya...

I preferred his show from last season, which was more delicate and feminine. I’ve already expressed how I feel about neon and the glow-in-the-dark finale is very Anrealage indeed but the collection is not without interesting propositions. London wishes it could have experimental fashion this well realized.

Beautiful!

Every time I look at a fashion show (like that one in Paris with.. whatsherface, the one-note designer with the long sleeve tees with an obnoxious print, whatever her name is, I seriously forgot), they make the sole procedure of getting ready to attend a show, going there and enduring it for the 15 minutes it lasts just an excruciating and monumental effort and unless it’s your job and way of making a living, I cannot comprehend why would someone willingly bother, but… looking at this, it’s the kind of thing I actually wouldn’t mind at all seeing in person, it looks exciting and experimental enough, like something you’d expect from an event that should push clothing design somewhere, and leave you a bit inspired and recharged. A video would be cool!

Best show of the season, in my opinion. Really, what a fantastic run by Kei since his debut. He has found a way to replicate the mathematical precision that underlie organic forms. And the allusions to bioluminescence make perfect sense to me within the context of his ouevre! Well, the very idea of “noir” kind of gives it away. These are creatures to be found in the inky depths.

This is my least favorite brand under the CDG umbrella (meanwhile, I actually like Junya's menswear, so what do I know?), but seeing it in motion definitely helps to see things in a different light.

^^
omg~!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i don't know whether to scream or cry from joy....
yes yes yes....
a thousand times YES~!!

:clap:

the video is where it's at...
so much to love...
the oversized jackets with the shoulder zips at the beginning are :muscles:...
(all the jackets are outstanding)
the pom pom things at the end are just :magic:...
the shiny bits---:heart:

thanks @eugenius, so much, for posting this...

:flower:

Best show of the season, in my opinion. Really, what a fantastic run by Kei since his debut. He has found a way to replicate the mathematical precision that underlie organic forms. And the allusions to bioluminescence make perfect sense to me within the context of his ouevre! Well, the very idea of “noir” kind of gives it away. These are creatures to be found in the inky depths.
^^
:woot:

i'm not afraid of the dark~!!!

:ninja:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"