Numéro #53 : Liya Kebede by Nathaniel Goldberg

I thought she'd done another Numero cover, and was thinking, "Is it anything like that fabulous one she did years ago..."

IMO, this is the best shot of Liya's career. And one of the best Numero covers too.

i think its the light, which is a little boring.

I agree, but I think that a making the text a little different could pop the image a little more.

That's a weaker editorial of Natasha's earlier career, but that 3rd scan with her head tossed back is what made her really stand out to me back in the day..perhaps its because it was her rollover on supermodels.nl :shock: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your scans! :woot: :D :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mojopin! Love Marija Vujovic and Lily's ed.

Could someone re-upload Poly's and Raquel's ed? I can't seem to see them. Thanks:flower:

^Thanks.

I love Raguels ed. Every shot is just so interesting.

On the other hand I would never have guessed that it was Poly in a million years. Pity they photoshoped her natural beauty to death.

gorgeous cover but I don't like those editorials at all except for Lily and Raquel's

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ So effortlessly sensual.

A decade ago fashion publications were still effortlessly telling such steamy stories. In just one shot, there’s so much of an aura and mood with Liya’s covershot. Incidentally, Thandiwe’s current UK covershot sort of reminds me of this one, albeit such a far far far inferior— and neutered version. With Liya's, there’s an instantly cinematic tone and smouldering attitude that isn’t ashamed to be above the mere commoners and mass-appealing fashion; whereas, the newsstand covershot of Thandiwe is deliberately meant to optimize mass appeal, with its safe, non-confrontational cropped portrait that doesn’t elicit any attitude nor a hint of smoulder.

I think this might be Liya best shot ever in fashion!? Everything about this is so perfect, seems like a queen enjoying her treasures but I would have preferred the "Numéro" in gold like the rest of the text.

^^^ he masthead in gold would literally serve as the golden grown on Liya’s head…

Liya came up in that era that sadly, were the final days of unapologetic hyper-stylized feminine sensuality/sexuality/glamour/decadence— all the characteristics that made high fashion iconic and why many of us are so devoted to it— and, eveything that this current era seems to be against. She had been photographed in so many great stories, let alone great shots. And Nathaniel during that era flourished so creatively with his sense of the sultry and cinematic; His signature tone of darkly seductive— and still an effortless elegance that transports you right away into his after-hours glamour and sun-drenched beachside escapades is so underrated. And when he worked with someone like Fabien for AH+/Interview, he really epitomized all the dreams that defined high fashion presentation for me. There’s such a mastery of narrative that the new photographers just either don’t understand— or simply lack the talent and skills to produce. Or both.

A model like Liya, with a photographer like Nathaniel together was magic :sigh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->