Numéro Tokyo July/August 2018 : Taylor Hill by Zoey Grossman

Zorka

Reaction score
xOjKTBhG_o.jpg

Previews:

https://numero.jp/news-20180524-taylor-hill/

When she first came out I expected her to become a supermodel since she has the features of 90s supermodels but for some reason her print work doesn't pop as he runway work.

When it comes to print, it feels like she went straight into booking catalogues and beauty campaigns - with the occasional sideline in swimsuit modelling - and mostly bypassed high fashion. She's probably very successful, in pterms of income, but when it comes to fashion editorials, it's as if she's invisible. Or forgettable.

It's a shame, because she is beautiful, but maybe someone like Andreea D already fills the niche where Taylor could be.

she´s indeed very forgettable and not slaying it, she´s just there and beautiful but in today´s high fashion world being cute does not cut it anymore, you have to bring way more than your biological DNA. She´s just a sweet girl booking commercial stuff but not a supermodel made for couture and to be known worldwide. I like her smile and she looks sweet but yeah many more girls have way more to bring in comparison to her.

And I´m sorry but this cover is nothing more than a casting photo, shame on people who thought THIS could be cover material lol I mean... magazines don´t even try nowadays it´s freakin´ laughable, and then people are surprised PRINT magazines are dying???? Look at this first lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor always falls flat in print. Her Lancôme shots are always stunning. She’s for a beautiful girl and a throwback to the 90s.

I really think she needs a makeover. Maybe go blonde and short or go a little darker and short. Something different.

Looks like a cheap 00s Seventeen cover-try outake. Hill is skirting Hailey Baldwin territory and agree her look needs a freshen up to stay HF relevant.

I don't like the thin fonts. It looks very amateurish. Actually, the entire thing looks amateurish. It's too casual of a picture to use for this publication. She's too pretty to carry this natural kind of photoshoot. She works best when she's glammed up, she can handle that.

Looks like a cheap 00s Seventeen cover-try outake.

That's what I see as well! Beautiful, but too inoffensive. And I also agree that Taylor's print work is way too commercial. Not sure why we are expecting more, she's from the Insta/VS fold.

Taylor always falls flat in print. Her Lancôme shots are always stunning. She’s for a beautiful girl and a throwback to the 90s.

I really think she needs a makeover. Maybe go blonde and short or go a little darker and short. Something different.

Agreed, darker hair would suit her better though it may not help with her more lucrative commercial jobs.

37c78b86e4df43f5b9752cc09be2431f--taylor-marie-hill-taylor-hill-style.jpg

d908edc8e34a805341c85a0c687a0f9f.jpg

pics facethis blog

I think she's super gorgeous but agree, that cover would be perfect for 'Seventeen'. But it's the Tokyo market( which I'm not familiar) is that what they look for with this issue?

COVER STORY
"TAYLOR, DRESSED DOWN"

Photographer: Zoey Grossman
Stylist: Anna Katsanis
Hair: Conrad Dornan
Make-up: Morgane Martini

Model: Taylor Marie Hill

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->