Photographer: Paolo Roversi

source | screencaps by MMA from nytimes

THE ORIGINALS
Model: Alice Dellal
Hair: Miok
Makeup: Melanie Inglessis
Photographer: Robert Maxwell

Alice Dellal | Punk Debutante, Model

She may be well heeled, but Alice Dellal is more mosh pit than posh git. ‘‘I love ’90s grunge and punk,’’ she says. Which only half explains the half-shaved mane, the nose ring, the well-worn brothel creepers and the ripped tights. For the London-based Dellal, a favorite of Vogue Paris and photographers like Nick Knight, rock and fashion are her patrimony: Uncle Mick (as in Jagger) and Uncle Mario (as in Testino) are her godfathers. ‘‘My family influences me a lot,’’ says the 21-year-old scenester. So what do her nearest and dearest think of her mowed tresses? ‘‘Some people hate it,’’ she admits, and ‘‘some people love it. It used to be a lot smaller, but it’s got bigger and bigger.’’ Alex Hawgood
source | screencap by MMA from nytimes

UNITED COLORS OF VOGUE
By Armand Limnander

look1gv7.jpg

The look . . .
Perky uptown luxe, with a soupçon of cool — spindly heels or boots, important skirts, major sunglasses, a touch of fur.

Pet designers and labels . . .
Proenza Schouler, Zac Posen, Rodarte, Doo.Ri, Peter Som, Derek Lam, Phillip Lim, anyone competing for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund.

Lobbying for . . .
The return of the stiletto. No more clunky orthopods!

Fashion faux pas . . .
Sportswear; special dispensation for dark or curly hair granted on a case-by-case basis.

Front-row conversation . . .
None — silence is chicer.

look2km4.jpg

The look . . .
Disheveled boho ‘‘It’’ girl — billowy blouses, vintage cocktail dresses, sequins, prints, tweeds, fresh-out-of-bed hair.

Alice Temperley, Luella Bartley, Jonathan Saunders, Giles Deacon, Duro Olowu, Louise Goldin, Marni.

Lobbying for . . .
Royalty-inspired frumpiness.

Fashion faux pas . . .
Fur — Shulman has publicly declared her opposition to wearing it.

Substance abuse at country weddings; cats, dogs and their needs.

look3xh8.jpg

The look . . .
Hard-core fashion dominatrix — sharp-as-a-tack shoes, leg-baring mini-jupes, cropped jackets, plenty of kohl.

Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci, Christopher Kane, Balenciaga’s Nicolas Ghesquière, Balmain’s Christophe Decarnin.

Lobbying for . . .
Stark and dark Neo-Geo silhouettes.

Fashion faux pas . . .
Anything colorful or remotely suggestive of comfort.

‘‘Is that jacket noir, black, charcoal, midnight or ink?’’

look4mj2.jpg

The look . . .
Minimalist heiress — flats or sandals, crisp white shirts, offhandedly chic dresses, old family jewelry of some importance.

6267, Valentino’s Alessandra Facchinetti, Gucci’s Frida Giannini, Alberta Ferretti.

Lobbying for . . .
Prada lace.

Fashion faux pas . . .
Overdressing or acting like you care too much about la moda.

Portofino, Valentino, pecorino and Pellegrino.

OMG I LOVE RACHEL!
I think she's SO beautiful and she was great in Mean Girls. I'm glad she got this cover, it's so high fashion

some nice eds! i don't like crazy like a fox and veiled threads though... angles in america could be better, considering it's sasha... in the 5th picture (the one she's wearing a green miu miu outfit) it doesn't even look like her... but i love tailoring inferno! and warm & fuzzy is very nice. i also like chic-a-boo but guinevere and roversi can do better... murrakesh excuses is nice too.

BLACK WIDOW
Model: Natasa Vojnovic
Hair: Benoit Moeyaert
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi
Stylist: Tiina Laakkonen
Photographer: Liz Collins

the eds are really good. Hope I can find it in Holland.

She looks perfect and she is a lot more deserving of mag covers than some I can name. And I love the fact that she is not a famewhore and keeps it about the work always.

was Fabien Baron's ed. shooted on a Christo's sculpture-installation ?!

wow this looks great so far. great edits. I want more lol

got it today...all the eds are pretty nice:heart:and they're some good articles to read:heart:

btw,does anybody how many issues does this magazine have in total?i google it and only found the earlist issue was 04fw:blink:...i guess this magazine do not have a very long history(?) and i wanna collect some back issues...

got it today...all the eds are pretty nice:heart:and they're some good articles to read:heart:

btw,does anybody how many issues does this magazine have in total?i google it and only found the earlist issue was 04fw:blink:...i guess this magazine do not have a very long history(?) and i wanna collect some back issues...

Actually the magazine itself has a very long history. It was called The Fashions of the Times before it was relaunched as T Style Magazine in August of 2004. It is published 15 times a year with issues dedicated to fashion... living... beauty... holiday... travel & design.

Ahaha, wow Rachel. Good for her! I was disappointed with Magda's shoot. Gorgeous, but we've seen her gorgeous before. I love the Black Widow! She looks tired, almost haggard, and yet subtly elegant. In a poisonous sort of way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->