NYLON June 2006 : Be Your Own Pet

Hmm, not a big fan of the Olsens, but I'm interested...

Can anyone tell me when the issue is available from, please?

The people at Nylon are really nice, I hopethey don't screw up with this :cry:

I am seriously considering writing to Nylon (and risk sounding like one of those anal farts who hassle editors all the time) to suggest a whole list of people who'd make better cover girls. Actually, I don't mean 'better', I mean more suitable for Nylon. Seriously...last month, it was Mischa Barton, this month Ashley Olsen...... the cover girl list is reading like a page in Heat magazine.
Valentine Fillol Cordier, Nora Zehetner, Lizzy Caplan, Anna Paquin, Christina Cole.....I could go on...I fear I'm sounding like a broken record though....

I agree, really. I'm sick of these celebrities. I thought Nylon strived for something 'original and different'.

They should put Taylor Warren (AlmostFamous on this forum) on the cover:D! She does have an editorial for this issue though. If they're stiving for originality, they should definitely put her on their cover.

Besides, the cover girl, this month's issue seems fantastic!

p.s. the girl we all love to hate, cory kennedy, is in this issue as well...i like her style so i can't wait to read what they wrote about her!

Oh my god when is this magazine coming out :angry: :angry: I can't wait any longer!!!!!!

i have read the may issue about 50 times and i still keep opening it...i cant wait for june!

^^^
i couldn't even get throught it once without thinking, "WHAT'S HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS?! I FEEL LIKE I'M READING TEEN VOGUE AND A TERRIBLE ISSUE OF SPIN COMBINED!"

to each his own, but nylon is making me sad.

I don't understand the hype about this magazine...I've gone through it a couple times in a bookstore, and while it seems a little bit more intelligent than the other teen magazines, I just don't know what is so great about this. I've actually never heard it called a teen mag, before I knew anything about this magazine I had heard it was kind of "edgier" streetstyle-ish fashion magazine, more like The Face than Vogue. It seems to have quite a fanbase. I can't figure out why because to me this seems like a teen fashion magazine...

^If you read the initial older issues, it was a lot more leftwing than what it has become.

i think the only reason there is hype now is because it's available in SO many more places than it used to be, and in much larger quantities. three or four years ago it was totally under the radar and didn't have to cater to such a large mainstream audience.

i understand their view...i mean, it's all about making money, but to see these tabloid chicks on the cover is pretty disgusting. you open up the pages and it's completely boring and generic these days. even the writing is horrible.

gag. i usually look so forward to my nylon coming...but dear lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->