Olsenboye by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for J.C. Penney

I think with E&J and especially The Row, they've raised expectations, so this line seems kinda disappointing in that light. But the clothes are probably similar to what they offered through Wal-mart.

sorry but american teens can do better than this. most of the designer lines at target (alexander mcqueen, proenza schouler, rodarte etc.) are FOR teens.

I certainly agree. MKA could have done so much better IMO. Olsenboye logos on the hoodies/tees = tacky.

I was really psyched for this when I first heard about it, but I'm increasingly less interested with every new picture.

I'm going to wait until the official launch. The Olsens have an amazing sense of fashion and know how to design, it's apparent in their high-end lines.

I know that the quality can't be the same but I've seen better stuff at H&M

The hoodie with the peace sign on the back is eerily similar to ones from Victoria's Secret PINK line. The Olsens have established themselves to be legit with The Row and E&J so wouldn't it be a tad embarassing to have their name used for this line, especially for J.C. Penny? It would make more sense if they did a one time collaboration with H&M instead. I think it's subpar. Teens will most likely choose H&M, Zara, UO, F21 over this.

Not too bad considering it's for JC Penney. Not really my style but it seems that most teens/tweens would love this line.

i wonder if they actually designed any of the pieces themselves?
because as far as i know, they never spoke about it untill a couple of days ago...

this is possibly just another way of making lots of money, just like the brand they had at targets

i wonder if they actually designed any of the pieces themselves?
because as far as i know, they never spoke about it untill a couple of days ago...

this is possibly just another way of making lots of money, just like the brand they had at targets

That may be the case considering how busy they would be with The Row and Elizabeth & James but let's face it, they don't need any money so i reckon this is just them trying to regain the tween market that they lost.

Hopefully for them it works and it will be Olsen mania all over again like back in the day :lol:

^exactly, this is only revamping themselves in the teen market where they were almost pioneers and leaders for years!

... and for those who doubt about their involvement (risking my credibility as an olsen-sceptic and being too olsen-freak... something I'm not)...

1. mk was spotted like during NYCfashion week in feb (if I'm not wrong) wearing little pins with the symbol of peace in a white/cream blazer that now has apparently become the logo of Olsenboye (i CAN'T FIND the pic, but I remmebr thinking how odd it was)

2. Ashley has recently said in a interview that she loves brand building, which isn't designing but getting information about which product you want to offer, who are you addressing to, which the selling points are, what marketing strategies you are developing for it, at which price are you selling, etc, etc... and that's Olsenboye! because at the end they are more businesswomen than designers (including their work for the row and e&j)

wow, I'm giving too long explanations for a line that I don't even like, purchase or wear....

considering the price point (nothing is about $100, correct), and that it's jc penney, it's not horrible, but quimby is right, they raised expectations with e&j and the row, and this seems like a step backwards into wal-mart territory...

i was expecting this to be more like simply vera or rachel rachel roy (maybe not as high-end as RRR), which aren't aimed at teens...
i'm actually surprised they picked penney's to do this with...i would have thought macy's with the ruffian collab, rachel roy, etc.
this is alot like american eagle or victoria's secret pink...
i would say that the target collaborations are aimed more at 20s than teens...

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think jcpenney chose them, I mean, they came to them with the idea and they agree

You know you’re doing something right when the Olsen twins think you have style. That’s the message for JCPenney. The store just scored Mary-Kate and Ashley’s new teen line, Olsenboye, in stores Nov. 5, after the twins called the discount department store looking to get in on the action. “They’ve done such a good job with other brands. I heart Ronson has been a great brand and a really good example of how they’re sort of fashion-forward,” Mary-Kate told The Post after selling the new merchandise out of the brand’s mobile pop-up shop.
And these sisters know a little something about fashion. Love them or hate them for it — they invented and perfected boho hobo style — their luxury collection, The Row, and contemporary line, Elizabeth and James, earned them a place in the CFDA this year. Their ice-cream-truck-turned-boutique is stocked full of merchandise and has already made stops this week in Union Square and Herald Square, and is scheduled to hit Washington Square Park today between 2:30 and 6:30 p.m.

The tiny twins (above) sell their new clothing line out of an ice cream truck.

Olsenboye, the Olsen’s Norwegian ancestral name, is slated to roll out in 600 JCPenney stores in February, but a limited-edition capsule collection will be in NYC stores on Tuesday. And while the tiny twin-set is counting their pennies — their combined net worth is bout $300 million — they’re saving yours: The items are priced between $20 and $60 — but everything in the truck has been discounted to $10 or $15.

Next week’s collection isn’t groundbreaking — there are lots of solid basics, soft long-sleeve tunics, striped long-sleeve thermals and T-shirts — but spring’s selection of minidresses, cropped denim jacket and blazers seems promising.
The highlights — coincidentally MK and Ashley’s favorite pieces — include trendy plaid flannel shirts and soft denim jeggings (that’s jeans-style leggings). Sizes go from 0 to 15.
“It’s really lighthearted, fun and stylish,” says Ashley.
“You have your basics and your trend pieces, and each season is based on a different city. It’s fun. And it’s good fashion.”
And taking a cue from the world’s most fashionable city, the fall 2009 and spring 2010 collections are inspired by New York City.

nypost

i don't like it :( i was expecting a cheaper version of elizabeth&james. this is way too young looking and a step back for them imo

Helloooooo, it's a Teen line!!!! :judge:

What did people expect from this kind of collaboration???

Last edited by a moderator:
it's all about the money in this case-quantity of sales over quality of anything

Phew, thank goodness there's an explanation for the name. I was really scratching my head for a minute there.

Anyways, I find it troublesome that they are praising the Charlotte Ronson/JC Penney collaboration. It is beyond awful. It looked ok enough in ads and styled in mags but after seeing it in person I wondered why anyone (teens included) would buy it when there are so many cheaper and better options out there. If CR is any indication of what we'll be getting with Olsenboye then this seems like a huge misstep. The hoodies and tops also remind me a lot of VS Pink.

I don't see whats wrong. It for teens. I think it's cool that they are going around on the ice cream truck selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->