bigpicturesuk / mirandakerrfanforum

Attachments

• big20100713set085_4295.jpg
    big20100713set085_4295.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 12
  • big20100713set085_4300.jpg
    big20100713set085_4300.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 20
Yup, that's Canterbury :P I didn't get to stalk him, had to work and I bet he didn't stay there for long either.
Actor Orlando Bloom said he was "chuffed" to receive an honorary degree from the University of Kent.
The 33-year-old star took his place alongside graduates for the ceremony at Canterbury Cathedral in the city where he was born.
He was joined by his fiancee Miranda Kerr, his parents and sister Samantha.
Also honoured with a degree was fellow actor David Suchet, best known for his title role in the TV adaptation of Agatha Christie's Poirot.
Bloom first caught the attention of audiences in Peter Jackson's award-winning Lord Of The Rings trilogy and went on to star in Pirates of the Caribbean.
He said: "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honoured to be back in my home town.
"I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury.
"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honour and I feel chuffed, as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."
Bloom was also set to visit the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury where he made his stage debut aged four.
The venue is being redeveloped at a cost of £25.6m and is due to reopen in autumn 2011.
bbc.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, look at him and miranda and the family all happy.
They're too cute.
The clothes are awful, but they're adorable. :heart:

Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr are quite the happy couple as they fly out of LAX aiport in Los Angeles on Thursday (September 9).

foro famouspeople

Miranda is looking lovely! So does Orlando, but he needs to shave :judge:

No! I love the scruffiness he looks hot!
She's simply precious.
I wonder if they'll do a family photo shoot once the baby's born (like so many others). Probably not, but I'd love to see it.

Orlando Bloom and his pregnant wife Miranda Kerr arrive at Gare du Nord station to catch a train out of town on Saturday (October 2) in Paris, France.

foro famouspeople

Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2011 fashion show during France’s Paris Fashion Week on Thursday (September 30).

foro famouspeople

Miranda Ker and Orlando Bloom outing Balenciaga's Showroom in Paris - 29/09/10

foro famouspeople

What on earth are those saggy trousers with the deflated ****? Is he wearing harem pants? I hope Miranda's hand on his back was an attempt to pull up those trousers!

Orlando Bloom in GQ Style Italy

please, give credit if repost, and don't tag them

The one with the goggles kinda freaks me out, but the rest are grand. What's the interview about?

The one with the goggles kinda freaks me out, but the rest are grand. What's the interview about?

Here is the translation:
Mr. Bloom.
Furious Orlando.
Middle Earth, Pirates of the Caribbeans, Troy’s war, crusades and now even the Three Musketeers:
the actor who has never denied adventure takes us into its secret places.

Enough with the fairy tales
The epic and mythological characters have made him famous, but they may imprison Orlando Bloom in a role forever. Now, with "Sympathy for Delcious" his career is at a turning point.

"Keep your eyes on the horizon," cried Orlando Bloom in the role of of the flamboyant pirate Will Turner to the “colleague” Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), on the deck of a ship battered by the storm in the first episode of The Pirates of the Caribbean (The Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003). The British actor, twenty-six years at the time, could turn the call to himself: Bloom had already achieved celebrity status two years earlier, in the role of the fascinating elf Legolas in The Lord of the Rings, but it seemed clear that this was only the beginning. The horizon was there, always a step ahead, we must continue to keep their eyes: and there he is in fact Homer's hero in Troy (2004) before, chivalrous knight in Kingdom of Heaven (2005) onwards. Characters of history or legend, which propelled the actor of Canterbury in an almost mythological dimension. So much so that it is easy to find him unreal, Orlando, even in real life, when he presents himself for the interview. Accomplice that name almost mythical, of course, and maybe even get married a few months ago, to whom has been called the most beautiful woman of the world, the Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr. Or because in 1998 he survived a crash that could have chained him forever to a wheelchair. But here he is, riding his bike. Handsome, restless, and an obvious British charm, at thirty-three years Orlando Bloom is one of the most popular actors in international cinema: in 2011 will be the Duke of Buckingham, in yet another role of a classic adventure in “The Three Musketeers” by Paul W . S. Anderson. In "Sympathy for Delicious", however, the directorial debut of Mark Ruffalo, acclaimed play at the last Sundance Film Festival, Bloom leaves the shoes of the legendary figures who have given him celebrity. Let's start from here.

-"Sympathy for Delicious", directed by Mark Ruffalo, is coming out Can you tell us something about your role in this movie? What's it like working with Mark Ruffalo?

“Mark is one of my favorite actors. And the possibility of having a part in his first feature film was a great luck. James Franco had to cancel last minute due to previous commitments, so I had the opportunity to take over. Sympathy is a project that Mark has developed over a decade with his old friend Christopher Thornton, author and co star of the film. Even at our first meeting I told Mark that I was excited about that role and that I even need to interpret it. wanted to go through that experience. Stain is one of a different character than those I've played so far. Working with Mark helped me: I learned that one must be daring, be bold. He taught me a lot ".

-Often you have been chosen for epic or fantasy movies. How did you live this change?

“After Pirates of the Caribbean I felt the need to rethink my career. I worked in theater in London's West End, and I had an extraordinary experience, bringing on scene that incredible play that is In Celebration, by David Storey. After ten years spent on the set of epic films, as you said, I was looking for something that could give me a kick on a creative level, to help me change pace. I took a break, which allowed me to put things in perspective. I was in Antarctica for six weeks, by boat, with an expedition of scientists, without the possibility of communicating with the outside world. I saw with my own eyes the natural beauty and the fragility of that environment and I understand what is at stake. I started working with UNICEF and I made a couple of field experience to understand how the organization transforms communities and lives of women and children in the poorest Countries in the world. I founded a company to produce films that I would like to see made, and I learnt on my skin how complicated thing this is. Making films, Cameron Crowe once told me, is like "catching lightning in a bottle." I am happy to say that I have just finished shooting the first feature film, "The Good Doctor," produced by my company and directed by Lance Daly, a very talented Irish director, whose first film, "Kisses," literally overwhelmed me. It was the combination of these and many other experiences that made me grow”.

-Ironically, you often play often strong and dynamic men , but you said to be a little fragile. How do you handle this contradiction?

“I can not believe that I never described me as a fragile person. I'm human, of course. Flawed, I admit. There was a time when I played extreme figures like Legolas in Lord of the Rings, Balian in Kingdom of Heaven , all the characters I loved, but they were, in fact, only characters in movies that I had the honor of participate. Can I do this and more, making mistakes and always trying to learn”.

- I was referring to a physical frailty: I read that you suffered serious bodily injury, when you were younger, even on movie sets. It 's true?

"Yes, I had a rather troubled childhood."

-Let's talk about style, how a man should live and dress in your opinion?

"As he is more comfortable."

-You are English. What are your fellow musicians who most appreciate?

"I am ashamed, but I'm not very up to date on the British music scene"

-If you were to name a few albums that you like, not necessarily recent, which would you choose?

"Complete discography of Radiohead, but also Dylan, Ben Harper, Leonard Cohen, U2, Stones, Roses"

-How did you start acting? It was something you wanted or was it a coincidence? Or rather a predisposition?

"It 's something I always wanted as a child."

-You started your acting career when you were very young. Which are the actors who most inspired you?

“Johnny Depp, Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Newman, James Dean, Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Cary Grant. The list is endless. I still continue to appreciate very much the performance of many actors of my peers and superstars”.

-Let’s talk about Orlando Bloom as a man; family, interests, ideas and friends. Can you cook? What would you like to eat? There is a good restaurant that you'd recommend to readers of GQ Style?

“I like riding bikes and mountain bikes. I also love going to the mountains to snowboarding, and surfing in the ocean. I can cook steaks and roast chicken and I love to eat at The Wolseley in London”.

-Many of our readers are incredibly passionate about engines. What do you think of people running in a car or bike? You love speed and risk?

"Riding in a car or motorcycle is stupid, but it's fun. Do it on the track, though, if possible, or let it go."

Looking very fine in the photoshoot. Thanks for the translation, mayfrayn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->