Outfits inspired by a song/band/artist/movie/book/etc.

ediewho

Riot Bug
Reaction score
This could be on purpose or kind of accidental.

Sometimes inspiration comes without realizing... or something can remind us to some character in a book or some song for its meaning or its components... A reference must be provided - its not like guessing who do you look like haha- but not necessarily graphical... of course you must show us your outfit that can relate to that in some way (and it would be nice a little explanation in case its not too obvious or its not a classic that everyone could know).

I think this topic could be interesting to even remind some artists or discover some books or movies to some people.

I do start... ok,this was totally accidental

My playing dress- up shoot of some days ago became like so much the style of the song singer outfit at the song "Im pretty like dr*gs" by Queen Adreena
- the vid reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqERBkwBSsY

-my outfit
play_12thA01.jpg

why? its messy got flowers, got clothes broken, I know its not like the dress she wears but got the vibe. It doesn't mean you gotta make a copy but be inspired by it... if you catch my drift.

Hope you like this purpose.:flower:

I love this look with the flowers in the hair and the torn clothing it has an Ophelia feel to it edie!

Reference: Johnny Cash famous portrait (tip: just go to google images and type Johnny Cash it appears the same image several times...at the first page).

My outfit is more catching with the attitude but some clothes make u fit in some attitude more than others don't you think so? pic censured as it might offend someone who doesn't know the original Cash pic!

home20th05_censured.jpg

haha...edie...
it's a fun idea for a thread...

the first one made me think of courtney love though...^_^

^yeah it could be too!! maybe some of me when i was blondie will fit more with Courtney... (gotta find a sample haha)

Im sorry this topic didn't have inspired much ...:( :unsure:

Reviewing old pictures of myself... I've found i have one soo Britney Spears :shock::shock: not on purpose!!
e4a465b4.jpg

Britney_Britney_Album_Cover.png

ukmix.org

Tribute to one of my fav movies from all the times: Performance (1968)
Anita Pallenberg wearing this kind of hippiesque style... (my modest tribute...)

A01.jpg
A_02.jpg

A_03.jpg
A_04.jpg

This is a great idea for a thread, I love how the outfits really evoke the films & music/vids :flower:

Thanks lots Tiffany I do really appreciate and hope people join me on this...^_^:blush::wink:

Okay today it's the time for one controversial and awesome artist... Courtney Love
(now that the guitar is mine mine...ive just removed some stickers as the Adidas and Soulfly one... and replace them... muahahah... (well the guitar is bad but is enough to trash my fingers at home...)

This remind me to her good girl dresses mixed up with red lipstick and a raw genuine attitude...and ive seen her on live performances barefoot and with the leg this way... that's why the pics are like that...

c_01.jpg
c_02.jpg

c_03.jpg
c_04.jpg

I keep the faith in this open topic so someone join me with new perspectives... books, scientist... any refreshing ideas are welcome!!

Today is time for Marianne Faithful in her early days... (top and jeans completely vintage from the late 60s/70s)

ma_2.jpg
ma_1.jpg

Lovely idea for a thread! I often find I'm inspired by things I've watched or listened to or read. I was rewatching the show Press Gang a few months ago and found myself starting to dress in oversized cardigans and floral dresses. Same thing happened with Twin Peaks more recently - I started really embracing shoulder pads and wearing my hair a bit differently. It's always fun to play with style like that I think - to adapt your own style in different ways and with different influences.

That awesome miss_catherine please post something!!!! That sound really great!!!!!!!!!!
...i really want some people bring here their personal influences about how to dress up them... some kind of movies are like that... they transport you to their time, life and so in a way for a while... I remember a friend told me once that he had to do a performance as Jane's addiction singer "Perry Farrell" and he was stuck on his acting for weeks... way of dress, act, talk,...haha

Mostly I think I'm influenced subconsciously by these things. I've currently misplaced my camera but once I've found it again I'll try and remember to post some shots. It would be great if more people would do the same.

movie: Almost famous

61761171942749161154580.jpg

10120188636035672692940.jpg

10120188635310672692940.jpg

(pics done & given to me by someone from the band)

Book:I'm with the Band by Pamela Des Barres

IMG_0207_ja.jpg

(not really... but being the only girl can match with the title)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->