"oversized" Earrings

valerie

Reaction score
For a while I have been looking for some really big hoop earrings (in silver) but I can't seem to find them..I do find these regular ones but they're not big enough for me !! :smile: So, if you find some and you think "wow these are really big", post them please!!! Thank you !! :flower:

Hi everyone!! Can someone tell me where i could find earrings like the one's from Galliano that Hana is wearing on that pic.. i really love them :bounce:

thanks in advance :flower:

scan0008small.jpg

well the picture says to look at the "In this Issue" section so if you remember where you saw those amazing earrings im sure you can figure it out - i really hope that wasnt already obvious to you b/c then i would just feel like a jerk :unsure:

I dont know about those particular ones but plenty of vintage places sell big earrings like that :flower:

Originally posted by zadie@Apr 13th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
well the picture says to look at the "In this Issue" section so if you remember where you saw those amazing earrings im sure you can figure it out - i really hope that wasnt already obvious to you b/c then i would just feel like a jerk :unsure:
I'm pretty sure valerie knows this, but doesn't want to buy the Galliano ones due to their price, and I don't blame her. I think the Galliano ones are going for about $400-500. Over 300 at the least, I'm sure. And they're faux! :/

I suggest trying a vintage shop, or maybe ebay. I know you can find similar for way less! :flower:

there are these from banana republic

not quite the same but hey, i try :flower:

i don't think those would be really hard to make if you could find some faux pearls

hmmm yes i definitely missed the part where she said she was looking for earrings "like" the ones in the picture :unsure: oh well .....

Oh I just :heart: pearls. I really love mixing something classic like pearls with something more funky

i have been SEARCHING everywhere for large teardrop pearls like that. they are always diminuitive and not what i want. these are so cute!

Those are like the ones in a picture of the Girl with The Pearl Earring. Nothing to do with fashion I know but I loved the book!

Im guessing you're from the States so i dont know about shipping internationally, but i found these on ebay they are faux-pearl :flower:

Attachments

• 5e_1_b.jpg
    5e_1_b.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2
i'm from Belgium.. :s so maybe some of you can give me some websites where i could find big vintage ones like these :flower:
btw those from banana republic are reallly nice :smile:
thanks for the help :flower:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Apr 18th, 2004 - 2:11 pm
:innocent: try ebay
yeah.. i already did, a couple of times
but i can't' find the ones i want :ninja:

Make them? They're just beads on one of those metal jewelry nail things.. find the beads... string 'em on... POOF you saved yourself a fortune.

Originally posted by luna@Apr 18th, 2004 - 12:39 pm
Make them? They're just beads on one of those metal jewelry nail things.. find the beads... string 'em on... POOF you saved yourself a fortune.
I agree with that.
The Galliano ones definitely would be easy to replicate. All you have to do is make a stop by your local craft store, and they'll more than likely have the right pearls and such. The Galliano ones have a "fish hook" on them, and those can be easily found at a crafts store as well.

100119170.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->