Paltrow plans another unusual baby name

What Gwyneth decides to name her baby is her business, but why does she have to tell everyone she's considering a weird name?

eternity goddess, it seems her mum is the one speaking about the odd names.... not gwyneth....:wink:

sequoia is a lovely name.....i know a very wise and special man with the same name....he is really quite something.....:heart: :heart:
ive always thought it sounded very sacred....

Vans said:
I heard on the radio that the Martins will be naming their baby boy Mortimer.:shock:

Yeah, I read this:

GWYNETH Paltrow is having a boy - and no, she's not going to name him Orange. The Oscar winner, mother with hubby Chris Martin of adorable daughter Apple, wants to name her second child Mortimer, after her godfather Steven Spielberg, according to rossmathews.net. Paltrow apparently affectionately refers to Spielberg as "Uncle Morty" - which we guess is better than "Uncle Miltie," the famed funnyman Milton Berle.

Btw, Mortimer Martin sounds like a tongue twister:blink: ... they better pick a good middle name.

paltrow is under the impression that people really NEED to hear about her all the time, since she's so anti-fame, anti-celebrity....whatever

however, onto the names issue

i have an unusual first name ( i actually have 5 names from birth) and a more common middle name. i grew up with the unusual name, but when i began working i moved to using my more common middle name for ease of use. however, when i do artistic work (different from dayjob, which is technical) i sign and go by my first name....

Sorry to dissapoint, but your name is actually very very common in russia and other territories of former ussr :innocent:

I know four little girls with this name and my grandmother had two friends with that name.... so anastacia is very common in england too.

:o :blink: :shock:
Mortimer sounds like a villian in the Harry Potter books!

I think there was a sort of 'show' on TV that featured unusual names or something... I think one of the 'unusual' names was Pilotinspectorl

I think the baby will most likely have bruce in its name if its a boy. .

My name is Stevana

For some reason people have the most DIFFICULT time saying it or even REPEATING it after I say it. They all say "what a beautiful name" which I guess is nice but to me it's rather basic - 'Steve-Anna'. Though most of my life it has been pronounced 'Stay-vona'.

Whatever. I do know I've never met anyone with it so that's a plus.

ShesElectric said:
My name is Stevana

For some reason people have the most DIFFICULT time saying it or even REPEATING it after I say it. They all say "what a beautiful name" which I guess is nice but to me it's rather basic - 'Steve-Anna'. Though most of my life it has been pronounced 'Stay-vona'.

Whatever. I do know I've never met anyone with it so that's a plus.

people mutilate URIAH IRL as well, i could say you RYE ah, but they don't get it until i say "like Mariah, but with a U, not a Ma"....then they get it.

Stevana is pretty easy. Does the AN of ANA sound like AND or BOMB? I can see it going either way, depending on a persons preference.

As long as she doesn't name the kid "banana' or "orange" i'm good. :smile:

congrats to her and Chris. My mom is a fan of Chris and his band. :smile:

It does go either way really. EVERYONE I know pronounces it as if it were a french name you know? Stay-von-a

My mother calls me Steve-Anna (sounding like AND). Precisely the way you would say Steve and Anna but together though I'm not used to that pronounciation.

See, before you typed the pronounciation of Uriah I said it to myself that way. I'm just good with names so it's hard to understand the logic of those who arent, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->