Paolo Anchisi

Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2012

marc-by-marc-jacobs04.JPG
marc-by-marc-jacobs07.JPG

marc-by-marc-jacobs09.JPG

wwd.com

I guess this is campaign pictures for Costume National..

5gk97of0.jpg

twitter/mr_delovely

80021020.jpg

twitter/fordmodels

He opened Dolce & Gabanna

scaled.php

nowfashion via tarsha

Congratulations for the opening spot. Finally there's a new breed of opener after seasons of Dolce's gang.

Dolce & Gabbana SS12 Milan (O)

vogue

Ermenegildo Zegna SS2012 Backstage
sKEnj.gif

sonnyphotos

Whilst I was backstage amongst the frantic last minute preparations for the Dolce&Gabbana SS12 Menswear collection and pulling models to one side to ask them questions, I took a must needed time-out with Paolo Anchisi.The 18 year old model was chosen to open the show as a nod to a new generation (take a look at the show here and you can clearly see the designers' concept of net as a representation of the internet and new media innovations) and I was lucky to interview the handsome Italian born model. He is the son of legendary 80s model Lynn Koester and designer favourite, and I discovered that Paolo isn’t as shy as he first appears. Sporting an item from the new collection we found a quiet spot and got talking. During the interview we discussed how he came to be a model and who helped him to achieve this, it was his mother who saw the potential for him to be a model and, after heavy persuasion, encouraged her son to embark on his career. We assume, as an audience, that models of any gender are egotistical and/or less intelligent than those that don’t grace the catwalks of the world’s designers, but take your time to speak to these people and this assumption quickly dissolves. Paolo was humble, answered my questions with measured, accurate words and gave Dolce&Gabbana even more reasons to love him.
picture-6.jpg
Paolo Anchisi wearing Dolce&Gabbana SS12
There was a calm before the storm (the fashion show) and I sat down with Paolo. Away from the camera we had the opportunity to have an informal chat where it wasn’t just me asking the questions. He showed genuine interest in why I asked him certain questions and how I would answer them if I was the one being grilled. For example, during the interview I asked him to tell me an interesting or unusual talent that he has and he simple shrugged his shoulders and said that he doesn’t have a talent and that he doesn’t hone one skill but tries a bit of everything. He then posed the question to me and asked me how I would answer it to which I responded the same and he continued to ask me questions about what I had done in life etc. I asked him how it feels to be asked questions and hassled by cameras in these situations to which I expected him to say that he hates but I was pleasantly surprised. He said that he was still flattered that people want to know more about him and likes it when the interviewer takes the time to ask questions that allow him to give answers where he feels he can represent himself more effectively… thank you Paolo. And before I knew it he was being taken away to do a photo shoot and the calm came to a swift end and the storm ensued.
picture-5.jpg
Paolo Anchisi wearing Dolce&Gabbana SS12
He confirmed something that I already knew, that away from the cameras and work set aside models are just as diverse as ‘everyday’ people and should not be judged by the world of fashion but individually. Sometimes it takes time for these revelations to be uncovered but give these guys a chance and you can meet who they really are. Paolo Anchisi… Dolce&Gabbana is in love with you.
luc_9777.jpg
Dolce&Gabbana SS12
And just because I can, I wanted to share the netted creation that Paolo was wearing during the interview. It is most certainly on my wish list.
swide.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->