Paper Magazine September 2003 : Chloe Sevigny & Macaulay Culkin

asta

Reaction score
i just got done browsing at the newstand... and the Chloe Sevigny cover with Mr. Culkin was so wonderful. :crush:

I am sorry that I don't have the photographs... as I didn't buy the magazine... so if anyone does have them... please feel free to put them up!

anyways, the point of this post was that i thought it was the first celebrity interview that i have read in a long time, where i didn't put the magazine down and feel exasperated and annoyed.

she was completely refreshing. :muscles:

she talked about how she tries out for big budget films and never gets the parts... and that she is completely aware of her clothing choices... i.e. when she knows that she will be photographed for vogue, she always dresses more event appropriate. she wants to dress well when she knows that the photograph with be spread and last for a while.

she talks about the misconception about her tastes and personality that is created because of her style. she likes theatrics and to play dress up.

like so many people that i know... she is over her "esoteric" film phase and loves to watch films for entertainment. she has never missed an episode of everybody loves raymond.

i just thought it was such a light interview and so fun to read. sometimes... there are misconceptions about chloe's personality. i even have them. but this was another facet to her that we don't hear about too often.

oh, the best part... she talked about hollywood.. and how she has to diet all of the time and that she absolutely hates it. she went to the vanity fair party with natasha leon and they talked about how skinny everone is in hollywood. she and natasha felt like the fat brigade there. :innocent:

i love how honest she is about her job, fashion, and herself. it is so refreshing to read about someone who doesn't lie about their hypocracies and idiocyncracies. :woot: :mohawk: she is definately a lady that i feel has a very impressive style standard... i am always looking forward to seeing what she will wear next... which is hardly something that i can say about most other stars... i think that anyone that is playful with their style will have their messups. as that just goes along with having extreme tastes. :heart:

she truly looks like an old hollywood star... similar to theda bara! her face is perfect for black and white stills.

Very generous of you to give us this! This was marvelous sharing! Thank you!

wow!
:wink:
she has never appealed to me but the summary of the article sheds a new light on her as a person ... I am glad I read what your post...

i found this image of the cover... small and switches back and forth with a diff cover....

i saw that cover on newstands too, it's really cool :heart: Paper usually has awesome covers, actually.
Chloe is stylish & interesting, very indie. her interviews are usually cool & not fluffy. it's too bad she does not act much lately, why won't she try for more indie films? she does not exactly have a mainstream image or appeal, IMO. she could be the next Parker Posey, sort of.
thanks for sharing, Pears! :flower:

you're wlcome you guys! i am glad to post something fun and light for people to read.

thanks for finding the cover lele!!!

:woot:

I subscribe to Paper and this was indeed a great article, as well as the one w/ Mc Cauley.
My boyfriend and I were both floored at how beautiful they both looked-I'm a huge Chloe fan, but would never call her beautiful.

Thanks for the nice review.

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Oct 8th, 2003 - 1:49 am

... i am always looking forward to seeing what she will wear next... which is hardly something that i can say about most other stars... i think that anyone that is playful with their style will have their messups. as that just goes along with having extreme tastes. :heart:

she truly looks like an old hollywood star... similar to theda bara! her face is perfect for black and white stills.
ditto pears, i always loved Chloe, since i first saw her in 'kids' shes a bsolutely modern and she's looking up to eccentric which is fun and refreshing to me.

great face for 20's 30's remakes, she should have been in Altman's Gosford

thanks for the review and the cute cover :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->