Patrik Rzepski S/S 06 New York

Zazie

Reaction score
I found just one short article and one picture on his spring collection from WWD. It seems it wasn't at all ground-breaking, and not that different from his Fall/Winter 05 collection...pity.

http://www.wwd.com/issue/article/101180

Patrik Rzepski: In a repeat of last season, Patrik Rzepski set his show in an intimate theater, on a bare stage lit by floodlights. But this time he added a towering ladder front and center, under which the models walked. Thankfully, his clothes weren't quite so risky. Inspired by Samantha Eggar in her roles as a kidnapped British scream queen, he turned out beautiful, loose and languid jersey tops and dresses in a black-and-white palette. While some of his ruffled and ruched pieces were fussy, the flat-front pants and vests and the somber, full-skirted frocks rounded out the collection's sophisticated ease.

Attachments

• 091205_64.jpg
    091205_64.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 267
It actually looks promising,to be honest. I can't tell from this one image to really analyse it,but it does seem a tad stronger than the last one. But maybe that's my impression? :unsure:

Look forward to seeing more,nevertheless :D

Thanks Zazie :flower:

I agree with you Scott. At least the setting seems strong to me, I think it's good he continued the way he did it last season.

Went again this season. He did a lot of full-skirted dresses in a sheer stiff material. They looked pretty, but totally impractical. Other than that, 80's-looking biker cargo pants with jersey tops, raw-cut hems on jersey skirts--basically everything Patrik has done before. I wasn't too impressed at all.

I agree that it might be good, but I guess the comments about fussy pieces and "frocks" was a bit off-putting...this from WWD, the mag that salivates over the likes of Oscar de la Renta, the epitome of fuss.:smile:

Please add to the thread whenever you come across something. Hopefully, it really is promising. He is one American designer I am truly intrigued about, a sort of JTLeroy of fashion, just hope that if he finds celebrity one day, it won't go to his head.

Ahh...m-on-m pre-empted my post. Too bad it's disappointing, especially after his F/W 05. I wonder why he ups the fuss factor - his last collection was outstanding precisely because it cut through all the clutter of those "lady-like" frous and frills with a clean swathe of fluttery jersey. This sounds like a step back. Well, I'll wait for more pictures... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks urd! :flower:

There's an element of the surreal there. I just hope the rest of the collection, when they arrive on his website, live up to expectations.

Being a huge fan of his work... ...I cannot wait to see more...... I don't know where he finds all those themes.... ...but it's def working.... Loving the first pic.. ...so far....! :heart:

Zazie said:
He is one American designer I am truly intrigued about, a sort of JTLeroy of fashion
that's nice ^_^
looking forward to the rest of the collection....

metal-on-metal said:
Went again this season. He did a lot of full-skirted dresses in a sheer stiff material. They looked pretty, but totally impractical. Other than that, 80's-looking biker cargo pants with jersey tops, raw-cut hems on jersey skirts--basically everything Patrik has done before. I wasn't too impressed at all.

Thanks,Metal,for the rundown. Hmm....I wish he would evolve a bit more. His macabre imagery is really fascinating but I wish he would build upon that and his signatures. But perhaps you were right before when we were talking of him,maybe he's just showing his lack of skill-level. And jersey material every season....just seems too easy and amateurish...as if he can't really tackle any other fabrics.

I do kind of wish he would do some more interning or something and learn more skills and how to evolve more-not necessarily the season to season transisition either just taking more risks in adding something unexpected and fresh. I mean he's got the creative talents,he can be better designer,imo. And he's still..what..only 23,right?

thanks metal..
and i agree scott...
though the repeated use of jersey could also be a cost issue...
not much cheaper than cotton jersey...

there really isn't anything there...he should get a job now while his name and reputation is still intact

It's really strange. He's slow in updating his website and there's nothing out there on SS06 except for the WWD article. His previous collections can be seen here:

http://www.patrikrzepski.com/collections.html

Fall 2005 was his best so far. It was different from all the collections out there, and when I saw it, I knew this would be the direction for SS06:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 17b.jpg
    17b.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20b.jpg
    20b.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
Firstview is holy. The green dress! :crush: What material is that?

e1ahqs.jpg

e1ahyp.jpg

e1ai2x.jpg

e1ai43.jpg

e1ai5v.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back