Patrik Rzepski S/S 06 New York

i don't like some of the tops.. especially the green ruffle one on the last post..

i do like the rest of it, however. :flower:

Ooh I love it! This is what Mary Ping has been trying to do.

perlefine said:
Firstview is holy. The green dress! :crush: What material is that?

it looks almost certainly like silk Gazar, a stiff and wieghty/bouncy kind of silk that was invented by the great cristobal balenciaga to execute his architechtural visions.

this collection is kinda nice, but i need to see more innovation more new ideas, Patrik sees to be referencing himself and his previous work, it is too early in his career to do that.
he seems to work well with jersey but i would love to see him develop his tailoring skills. venture into some structured jackets tailored pants etc. to ad to his creative range.........

I do like some of this, especially the last dress and the first from firstview.. However, lots of these pieces seem to elongate the torso, no? When a model's legs start looking short boy are we all in trouble :lol:

One of my fave collections for ss06.... Patrik is a ''newcomer'' and yet, he is so talented........ how he plays with fabrics and draping... so exquisite, he used to say he sew each piece at home with his own sewing machine, dont know if he does that anymore. each piece he does is exceptional........

unbelievable! :heart:

Definately on my favorites list of this season. Such beautiful pieces, I love the cuts and the proportions. :heart: Thanks for posting the pictures.

You know,going back to what I was saying....I really feel that if he would hone his skills a bit more(like the tailoring,yes and perhaps a bit more intricacy)I really,truly believe Patrik could very well be the most visionary talent America has ever had. It's saying alot I know but I can see his talent. I mean,he's got this wonderous personality and it's quite obvious how much he tries to convey the idea of meticulous structures....I think it just needs a bit more work because it really is when looked at closely,very Banana Republic quality. He's really got a similar approach to that of a young McQueen,Theyskens or a Persoons just much to bland in terms of his craft than they.

The pieces look really nice to me but with that lighting its really hard to see the detail and the craftsmanship of the garments, I like the green dress! There is another I like but it reminds me of Rochas...

I agree with what you say about the quality, Scott.
I like this collection, but a lot of the pieces just look like something you could find somewhere else...for much cheaper. Common looking, somehow

Scott said:
You know,going back to what I was saying....I really feel that if he would hone his skills a bit more(like the tailoring,yes and perhaps a bit more intricacy)I really,truly believe Patrik could very well be the most visionary talent America has ever had. It's saying alot I know but I can see his talent. I mean,he's got this wonderous personality and it's quite obvious how much he tries to convey the idea of meticulous structures....I think it just needs a bit more work because it really is when looked at closely,very Banana Republic quality. He's really got a similar approach to that of a young McQueen,Theyskens or a Persoons just much to bland in terms of his craft than they.

Very true point Scott, if he works on that, I am sure he can become one of america's biggest designer ever...... because his clothes have all the qualities necessary to make it big and INTO THE MAINSTREAM..... but then, they are so well crafted that they still keep an avant gardist quality to them...... :heart:

It's very nice. Pared-down designs with enough left to love. :D

wow, this looks really nice :heart:... very soft, without falling into cliches, and yet minimal... thx for the pics perlefine :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->