Peter Do S/S 2024 Paris

I must've deinfluenced myself because I'm not buying any of this anymore. Those pieces don't really have their own identity and Peter doesn't have an eye for colour. Every nice piece could be easily sourced elsewhere, probably with better quality.

Doing the shows was his first misstep, showing in Paris is gonna destroy his brand's rather weak allure.

Oh its the helmut lang guy. Yea this is better than that but its basically decarnin Balmain in new fabrics.

This looks very tortured and downright costume. The issue is that it’s not really presenting a look or an atmosphere, it’s too dry and there’s no interesting design going on here to make up for the dryness.

This is better than what he did for Helmut Lang, and would have worked better for the label. I thought that some of it was fine (the opening coat, the black dress with a sheer bodice), but most of it was awkward and very contrived (the slit open trousers, for example; and the abbreviated jackets that look too much like Hedi Slimane's Dior). It reminds me of mid-90s Atsuto Tayama, without the refinement.

FYI, part of this collection was a collaboration between Peter Do and Banana Republic:

I think if his Helmut Lang looked like this, it could have been more successful. I actually think this is his best collection…There are still too much gimmicks for me but it’s inoffensive and it works.
Oh its the helmut lang guy. Yea this is better than that but its basically decarnin Balmain in new fabrics.
Balmain by Decarnin?

I do not see any Decarnin in this at all. He doesn’t deserve that insult.

The collection is fine. I’m interested in trying on a few things to be honest. I wonder what the price point will be for the banana republic collaboration.

as far as the brand, it’s missing an identity but for the menswear, there are many things one can integrate into their wardrobe

Who did the slit front harem pants. I shouldve expanded more bc the whole collection doesnt remind me of that.

With his search and exploration for the most technically made and perfect garments, it causes most of his designs to look really awkward on the body. It's in similar vein to Robert Wun where the technical precision/perfection has gone so far to the point that it dejects the natural shapes of the body, and also is the complete opposite to how Jacquemus designs but the results end up in a similar way.

I like that shade of red. That's really it.

That will be a no from me. No identity, and even if there was a slight attempt at one, not one I'd grasp.

Last edited:
This collection, properly edited, could have been a strong debut at Helmut Lang (basically he needs to get rid of menswear, accessories, big shoulder pads and those slit pants).

The problem is...this is not Helmut Lang, but Peter Do. And where is Peter Do here??

This collection, properly edited, could have been a strong debut at Helmut Lang (basically he needs to get rid of menswear, accessories, big shoulder pads and those slit pants).

The problem is...this is not Helmut Lang, but Peter Do. And where is Peter Do here??
Is Peter Do in the room with us right now?

Unpopular opinion here at TFS, but I actually like what's going on at Banana Republic nowadays. The textiles & construction have definitely improved in recent times, so cheers to them for whatever makeover has been going on over there.

That said, I'll reserve judgement until I see his clothes up close and personal. I'm hoping that it's one of those brands that looks a lot better in real life than it does online (well, minus those pants w/ the slits). But I won't be rushing to my nearest Saks to check it out, so I'll keep an open eye and open mind for what shows up at BR instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->