Phi F/W 09.10 : Natasha, Sasha & Anna S. by Steven Meisel

three of my favourites in one campaign, I absolutely love it

this ad is rock! eventhough it's quite similiar with VI editorial, sasha still gives the best!!

What an amazing cast. I'm so pleased to finally see Natasha and Sasha in a new campaign. And Anna is also fantastic.

What a great pictures. And like it was mentioned it really reminds VI January 2009.

Though a lot of the collection I see are copies. The leather pants with zippers in the front were done either by D&G or Plein Sud. Alaia and Claude Montana had very similarly details skirts. Pants also might have been Ferre. I need to dig through my past sales, but I have owned them before.

^ Agree.

The only thing that I don't get is the last shot. The straight hair doesn't match the rest of the shots.

maybe they started the shoot with straight hair but then changed it to the hairy hurricane. :D
as for the VI Zaha Hadid shoot, i was told they tried to make a cover shot with a big curly hair but that didn't work. and then Guido put nude stockings on girls' heads. so maybe this campaign is just another attempt to work the intended VI look out.

that said, the campaign is amazing. Russian dream team.

Finally Natasha! flawless as usual.
Great to see her w/Sasha.

Anna S. is russian right? if she is, this is one STUNNING russian campaign. :lol: :D

I'm sad there are no more vintage pin-up esque ads, but there was no way to get around that with the collection's aesthetic. Anyway Natasha and Sasha are amazing...Anna well I don't like her but she's bearable here I guess.

OMG RUSSIANS OVERLOAD! I LOVE! three of my favourite girls :D

It's really easy to hate on the clothes when you haven't seen them in person. The craftsmanship is meticulous, the details are exquisite--period. The lace-ups on the aviator dresses and pants just have to be seen in person. You can't even tell that the lace-ups are done in elastic cording and loop through grosgrain ribbon folded in half with burned-through holes. Or that the aviator dresses are comprised of shirred chiffon and velvet panels with every single seam covered with black silk charmeuse bias tape.

Phi is just trying to survive during this global economic crisis. There's nothing wrong with trying to be a successful business.

Returning to the topic: I thought Natasha and Sasha did an amazing job. Anna S. isn't my favorite, but she kind of works in some of the shots.

And I've been thinking how great it'd be to see Sasha, Anna and Natasha together in one shot.

Fantabulous casting and I just love the whole feel of these ads.:woot:
All the girls look great and deffo in my top 3 campaigns for this season.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->