Philipp Schmidt

He was booked for the Versace SS12 campaign but was shot in the foot in NY one day before the campaign shooting took place. :doh:

Here's an interview about the accident on mega model blog, originally in German, translated by google translater. Hope he's fine now :cry:

A dream seemed to come true, as Philip Smith in November last year, learned that he had been booked for the Versace campaign. But then something incredible happened: He was shot in the street. In this interview he talks about the most dangerous day of his life so far.

How are you?

I'm doing very well. I can make almost anything. Only non-athletes. But that will soon go again.

Be honest: How to get involved in a shooting in New York?

This is faster than you think. I was on my way to the subway in Brooklyn, in the morning at ten. Suddenly I heard a loud bang behind me three times. I turned around. About ten feet away shot a man with a gun around. Even before I could run away, a bullet hit my foot. Immediately rushed passers-by and called an ambulance. I felt almost nothing. I was lucky. In the evening I was discharged with crutches Gipsfuß and again from the hospital.

If the perpetrators caught?

Unfortunately not. The police showed me a few days some ghosting, but the man with the gun ran away so fast that I could not identify him. Then the case was not pursued.

You missed a great job ...

Yes, unfortunately. I would have flown on the same day to Los Angeles to be photographed for the Versace campaign. Along with Gisele Bündchen. That would obviously be a good thing ... I've been in the hospital thinking about how I could pull the job somehow, but I was not allowed to fly with the broken foot. So we had to cancel. As a consolation, Mega has sent me a big basket full of delicious things to New York. The people of Versace send me flowers and a card to wish me a speedy recovery. And the stylist of the Versace campaign, David Bradshaw, has brought me to Paris in January. For a very nice track in Vogue. I think it was the French Vogue, but the story has not yet been released. The job has made it so much fun, even if I was still on crutches ...

Has your life changed since the incident?

No, not now I wake up every morning and think: Good thing I'm still alive! I do not - with the motto: You only live once! - Only what I want. On the contrary, everything is back to normal. I work as a model. And I wrote on my return from New York my bachelor thesis. It is almost finished. So everything has its good side: I may have missed shooting a Versace, but reached for another.

Thank you for the interview and good luck!

The interview in German: http://blog.megamodelagency.com/201...ments-pistolenschuss-statt-versace-shooting-2

blog.megamodelagency.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. At least he's doing okay and working on his bachelor's? What a missed opportunity but hopefully we can see more of him now / when he's fully recovered. :'/

When I read cologne_rocks post about getting shot in the foot, I thought he meant Philipp was cancelled just before the shooting. And to my surprise he stated it literally. That's sucks so bad :doh:
Vogue Hommes International Fall / Winter 11.12
'LE COSTUME'

Ph: Horst Diekgerdes
Styling: David Bradshaw

madeinpresse
HQs

ebook3000.com

second chance after the accident!!! :clap:

Versace F/W 2012-13 Ad Campaign

2smxt.jpg

twitter.com/#!/jimshi809 via scratchBOOK

Great for Philipp! Congratulations, after all Donatella really wanted him :smile:

Versace S/S 2013 Milan

vogue.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->