Pippa Small...jwlry dsgnr...

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
from net-a-porter.com

WITH ITS HINT OF THE UNIQUE, DESIGNER PIPPA SMALL’S MAGICAL JEWELLERY HAS THE POWER TO TRANSFORM YOU INTO A GODDESS.

London-based Pippa Small has been stringing and knotting together her bold and exotic jewels since childhood. It all began with a fascination for talismans and the magical world of fairytales. “As a child I was attracted to mythology, amulets and stones that could protect and comfort you,” she explains. Pippa started her career collecting bits and pieces from beach holidays, perfectly rounded pebbles and discarded buttons from friends’s cardigans –souvenirs and memories that she then faithfully put together to form her first collection of charm bracelets.

Fast forward to present day and her pieces are sculptural, colorful and divinely polished. The qualified anthropologist has a first rate understanding of the world’s most diverse tribal cultures, having spent time working with many different peoples from the Penan of Borneo to the Nagas of Northeast India –and this is reflected in her jewellery. Big bold organic pieces using unusual materials such as shells and uncut gems are set in precious gold to stunning effect. “I love the way certain tribes have a respect for materials like wood, seeds and leaves – which are not necessarily precious, but are loved as if they were.” Teeming with talent, Pippa has created a beautiful fall collection, including drop tourmaline earrings, large turquoise or jade pendants and a charm necklace of opal, tourmaline and gold. In addition to her own gorgeous jewels, she has also been busy designing deliciously alluring pieces for Gucci, Dosa and Chloé.

7793_index.jpg

not liking what's on net-a-porter.com, but thanks for introducing her to me, softgrey! :flower:

love her designs. very organic, dainty and pretty. reminds me a little of me+ro, except her influences are from nature instead of erm buddhism(?) or whatever religious symbols that me+ro tend to use.

:crush:

pippasmall02spsmallautumn20021.jpg
:heart:
(pippasmall.com)

not really feeling the charm bracelet or the other one though.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

pippasmall02spg3lf.jpg

(pippasmall.com)

love how the last two look like strands of hay and gnarled twigs.

you are welcome astrid...:flower:

and thanks for all the images tinuviel...
i love all the nature references too!!...

:heart:

I remember last year there was this amazing turquoise necklace selling at NETAPORTER
and it sold out the minute i wanted to purchase one...I tried endlessly to get my hands on one but couldnt find it online at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->