Playing with color and complexion

Reaction score
My friend was showing me how a pale pink bring out pink hues on an olive-tone person and how a mint green cancels out that pink so...

What are your guys' discoveries with color? What colors make your features (like eyes, skin, hair) pop and look amazing?

And also, what do you fashionable beauties suggest for an olive-toned person with medium contrast (dark hair, dark eyes, etc.)?

Wouldn't mink green contrast with pink undertones and bring them out instead of neutralizing them?

but I do agree that certain colors can bring out the good/bad qualities of someone's skin tone. my roommate is hispanic and WILL NOT wear yellow whereas certain shades of red look terrible on my scandinavian skin in a way I can't exactly put a finger on.

^It depends on how the colour is used. If the contrasting colour eg.green is stacked on top of the other colour eg. pink, the green cancels out the pink. That's why you use a slightly green corrector over your red marks/scars/breakouts before you apply your concealor. But if green is placed near to the pink, then the green helps to pop and pink and vice versa. If the green is not placed near the pink, then it doesn't matter.

It also depends on the depth or intensity of the colour. A very intense/bright/attention grabbing green is unlikely to bring out little bits of pink in the complexion and is more likely than not to cancel it out.

My skin is pink, and magenta is the worst color in the world on me because it makes my face look like it's on fire. I wear pinks, but pale, warm, or dusty shades only, no hot pinks.

Good colors ... a bright teal is probably pretty good. I have chestnut hair and golden brown eyes. Ashes of roses is good. Purple is good.

I'm sure you'd look gorgeous in white.

I find when I wear blues and greens my eyes pop, but thats because I'm fair with grey/blue eyes.

I wear black and white just because it's too problematic to avoid them ... but an oyster white or ivory or really any white but dead white is much better on me.

99_apples, I'm Hispanic and I wear yellow. A subtle yellow looks beautiful on olive-toned skin. And is your Hispanic friend olive-skinned too or what?

Fashionista-ta, I love black. I wear it all the time. I have hair and eyes darker than my skin so black just flows. I mix it up with gray undershirts and my lovely Oakleys.

^ Yes, black looks good on the majority (of the world population anyway) ... well, it becomes a little challenging when you get older because it has a tendency to make lines, etc. pop ...

I've found that heather grey neutralizes my golden undertone as well as bright blues. The bright blues really make my brown skin pop, too. I also can pull of orange pretty well.

ive got a wheatish complexion, although at times i tend to look pale, and i tan really quicky :D
but i find that teal and aquamarine eye shadows always compliment my complexion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->