Pleated Skirts

TheSweetest

Reaction score
i am in love with pleated skirts right now. my problem in that i am not a mini girl. i can't wear them, but pleated minis are everywhere. where are the longer ones. i can't find them. does anyone know where i could find some knee length or longer pleated skirts?

:heart: i love the style myself , been wearing them since summer 02, they are adorable. :heart:

*my latest pleat buy was a strange "Pradesque" kind of menswear carreaux skirt with unfinished hem from zara. They also have the art deco/tapestry Prada design in silk and some in real bright ones in abstract 50's mood (always in over the knee length)
*i've also seen pleats in h&m
*for best finds try vintage stores and jumble sales, one can find beautiful vinatge pleats if lucky (got an amazing 60's wool skirt in black and a printed silk -white bg with bright red, blue and black 'hand drawn' abstract checks)

I love pleated skirts too :heart: :heart: :heart:

If you want something designer,Ebay usually has a nice,sometimes very affordable listing from the Queen of Pleats,otherwise known as Veronique Branquinho. Last time I looked,there was only a kick-pleat skirt on there but you have to look regurally.

Otherwise,do vintage! :wink:

Pleated skirts are cute, along w/ twead ones. I haven't seen longer styles though.

I love them..it seems that everytime I go shopping lately I come with a new one!!

I :heart: pleated skirts!
and yeah, most of them I saw were minis.

a lot of the stuff i have been making at the moment has been pleated or at least semi pleated, iv had so many peole asking me about them but no time to make any as have started new job and have all xmas stuff to deal with and a backlog of stuff to make for people! no rest for the wicked though eh?
vivienne westwood does a nice selection of kilt type skirts in various lenghts and fabrics, also try vintage shops for ladylike tweeds which can be customised for a more modern look

This is just an idea, but a lot of shops have sections for taller people-and unless you are a tall person, if you look in those sections they're sure to have pleated skirts and if you buy them in your size they're bound to be longer on you, because they're made to be mini's on a tall person ;-)

I like 'em with slim pleats, like the ones Igni posted. B)

In the new Bazzar, with Julia Roberts on the cover, they showed a white knee length pleated skirt. It's Tommy Hilfiger, and I think about $198.

I love pleated skirts- sooo cute, but my school skirt is a pleated one with big plaid stuff.. it's grey, white, and red and it's 3.5 inches above the knee.. and mine is a long one at school. :wink: What kind of pleated skirt could I get that isn't school like?

Originally posted by southerncutie@Dec 27th, 2003 - 1:19 pm
I love pleated skirts- sooo cute, but my school skirt is a pleated one with big plaid stuff.. it's grey, white, and red and it's 3.5 inches above the knee.. and mine is a long one at school. :wink: What kind of pleated skirt could I get that isn't school like?
I have the same problem Southerncutie!!My school kilt is grey, white, and red as well but its 2.5 inches above the knee. Most pleated skirts are school like..I wasn't crazy about them at first for this reason but then they grew on me! B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->