Pleats, Please! S/S 11

MulletProof

Reaction score
A continuing trend first spotted in March, it's less about volume this time and more about balancing a simple look with a subtle and light detailing like tiny pleats.:heart:

pleats.jpg

[eastnews.ru]

Oh, and I tried to think of a title that wasn't too boring or too cliché and as I remained blank, I went for the latter. :lol:

Yeah I noticed this as well. I remember thinking that these pleats were everywhere (probably because I really love it) but now I can't seem to recall where I spotted the ones I really liked :doh: I'll be back :P
I really do like the posted examples from Zucca, Sharon Wauchob, Miu Miu and Karen Walker.:wub:

I really love the ones from zucca and derek lam. please please please let the highstreet pick it up.

I really love the ones from zucca and derek lam. please please please let the highstreet pick it up.

^seems like they have. ^_^
pics from zara.com

Attachments

• 3658159800_1_1_4.jpg
    3658159800_1_1_4.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 8119372800_1_1_4.jpg
    8119372800_1_1_4.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 317
My closet is filled with pleated skirts as the first few months in (fashion) school, it was all we made. I'm glad they're finally in fashion so i can get rid of at least some of them by giving them to friends! :wink::D

^the black pieces are fantastic! The Zaras look pretty great, I wonder if they're still in store or sold out by now.

I don't get why pleat can be a trend. It appears in EVERY SINGLE SEASON. And if there're skirts/dresses, there wiill naturally be pleat. That Pleat is everywhere because it's an essential technique makes it trendy too ? I dont get it

I think pleat will be worth talking about if it appears on what it normally doesnt appear on. But pleated skirt or dress is no more a trend

^ I think pleated skirts are usually associated with certain looks.
For me, they usually conjure the image of old-fashioned and below-the-knee. The latter has been in for a few seasons now and to reference, but also it seems to mock, such an uber-dated look Miu Miu completely turned the below-knee pleated skirt on it's head for spring with a strange, metallic vintage cool.

P.S. pleated skirts also bring girls school uniforms to mind, which have been repeatedly used to convey an innocent sexiness.

I prefer the slim pleats to the wider ones, which will always remind me of my terrible school uniform, sadly!

The Zara skirts are gorgeous, although I do think that this look works better in the shorter style. It lends a certain elegance to the mini.

When I first saw this trend, I wanted to immediately write a comment about how much I dislike pleats... but after looking at the pictures posted I'm a convert. These pictures are wonderful- absolutely gorgeous. I'm liking the fact that they can be designed soft and feminine or hard and grudge

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->