Pms And Shopping?

Reaction score
So basically ever since I've started my period a few years ago, I've always gotten food cravings. (Crab rangoon, egg drop soup, pizza, cookies, the list goes on...) I've always been told thats normal and I'm sure it is. But what's not so normal is a recent occurance.... When I'm PMSing, I know get the urge to buy clothes? But not in my normal way, its an OBSESSIVE MUST HAVE DESIGNER PIECE type of way. This probably explains my "Burberry: To Fake or Not to Fake" topic. Last month it was argyle sweaters. The month before, houndstooth. But its not just so much that my obsessions change montly, I swear to god...they change the exact week I start PMSing.

Does anyone else get PMS induced shopping cravings?? Or am I just nuts?!

No, I'm pretty much like that all the time, except my purchases don't have to be designer, seeing as I can't afford that, anyway.

I cannot shop when I have PMS. I hate to shop most of the time anyhow, and have no patience with the boring, ugly trends, the officious shop clerks, and the loud crowds of rambunctious teenagers.

When I am in the throes of PMS I should be wrapped in bubble wrap and put someplace safe until I start bleeding.

I dont think i've ever had PMS, but as i turned 35 i have noticed some changes, for eg. I get lots of spots and pimples when i have my period, sometimes i get like a cramp 2 weeks before, it has slowed down abit no, but at first it was every month, then it would jump to 3 months, i thought i had an infection, then after booking the docs appt it just uped and left - weird. I have always had normal periods without any pain or anything, so i dont know whats happening, sometimes my period take 4 days before it actually comes down properly - i swear something has taken over my body and i dont know how to deal with it sometimes :blink:

I get overly emotional the night before the blood starts to flow. I get angry and "spiritual" all at once, it's really annoying.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Aug 20 2004, 05:59 PM
When I am in the throes of PMS I should be wrapped in bubble wrap and put someplace safe until I start bleeding.
[snapback]340270[/snapback]​
:lol: Personally, I just get nasty for no real reason... it's great.
No extra shopping cravings though, thank heavens. I think that I have enough of that as it is. Holly, you might want to just try distracting yourself with other activities. Like go walking, or at least get outdoors and away from designer shops. Then again, massive shopping sprees at the local dollar store could also be an idea.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Aug 21 2004, 10:09 PM
:lol: Personally, I just get nasty for no real reason... it's great.
No extra shopping cravings though, thank heavens. I think that I have enough of that as it is. Holly, you might want to just try distracting yourself with other activities. Like go walking, or at least get outdoors and away from designer shops. Then again, massive shopping sprees at the local dollar store could also be an idea.
[snapback]341351[/snapback]​

I told my mom that she's not to allow me to go shopping until after my period!

I shouldnt be allowed near desserts when on my period..

As for shoppping I shouldn't be near it.... ever. :ninja:

I don't shop for clothes when I'm on my period... I feel so gross I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. :lol:

Originally posted by luna@Aug 22 2004, 09:02 PM
I don't shop for clothes when I'm on my period... I feel so gross I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. :lol:
[snapback]342112[/snapback]​

ha i'm exactly the same I don't go near clothes during my period.. I have a hard time wearing any sort of "normal" clothes it's always loose comfy clothes in the summer atleast during my period

this doesn't happen to me...when i'm pmsing, buying something does make me feel better, though

has anyone ever gotten this weird high off of shopping? i mean, i bought three pairs of jeans the other day and i was all giggly and smiling and like, well, high, for like the rest of the day

Originally posted by juicytubeaddict@Sep 1 2004, 07:33 PM
this doesn't happen to me...when i'm pmsing, buying something does make me feel better, though

has anyone ever gotten this weird high off of shopping? i mean, i bought three pairs of jeans the other day and i was all giggly and smiling and like, well, high, for like the rest of the day
[snapback]353313[/snapback]​

Yup. I get that post-shopping high all the time!

Two days ago I was PMSing and I tried to go shopping because I need some stuff for sorority recruitment in a couple weeks, and I just felt fat and crampy and horrible so it sort of ruined the experience. Ugh when I'm PMSing all I want to do is curl up into a little ball and sleep.

Stay away from me when I have PMS...!! I don't get shopping cravings, but when I buy something its like a relief... And if anyone says I wasted my money I get sooooo cranky and end up liking the purchase more. And I'l cry about pretty much everything... Even if there is nothing upsetting I'll think up something... Its ridiculous!

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 19 2004, 11:56 PM
So basically ever since I've started my period a few years ago, I've always gotten food cravings. (Crab rangoon, egg drop soup, pizza, cookies, the list goes on...) I've always been told thats normal and I'm sure it is. But what's not so normal is a recent occurance.... When I'm PMSing, I know get the urge to buy clothes? But not in my normal way, its an OBSESSIVE MUST HAVE DESIGNER PIECE type of way. This probably explains my "Burberry: To Fake or Not to Fake" topic. Last month it was argyle sweaters. The month before, houndstooth. But its not just so much that my obsessions change montly, I swear to god...they change the exact week I start PMSing.

Does anyone else get PMS induced shopping cravings?? Or am I just nuts?!
[snapback]339271[/snapback]​

No, I don't think you are crazy. You are a woman!!! It's in us! We were born to love fashion, clothing, shopping, etc.

Originally posted by ChristannChanell@Sep 2 2004, 07:00 PM
No, I don't think you are crazy. You are a woman!!! It's in us! We were born to love fashion, clothing, shopping, etc.
[snapback]354567[/snapback]​
Umm, not necessarily. Some men adore fashion, while there are women who hate it... :flower:

I can be let near shops when I have PMS, as long as they don't sell knives, silverwear, or anything sharp, pointy or heavy and blunt. :shifty:

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Sep 3 2004, 07:24 PM
I can be let near shops when I have PMS, as long as they don't sell knives, silverwear, or anything sharp, pointy or heavy and blunt. :shifty:
[snapback]355378[/snapback]​
Then what's the point? :blink:

Am I the only person that's "normal' when having periods?

Nothing happens to me when I have my periods, I am not meaner, I am not nicer, I don't crave anything more than usual, I don't hate food more than often, I don't have more pimples...... I remain my usual self. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->