Ten Shopping Tips

1: Don't take anyone with you. Especially not men and friends. They will have no stamina and won't concentrate properly. The only possible exception is your mother

exactly what I do :heart:

online shopping tips:

- when viewing a new site, look at the accessories/shoes first. you can usually get the best feel for the quality from this section.
- subscribe to the newsletters of you favorite online shops - they're fun PLUS you get discount codes
- always check on ebay before you buy

great advice.. some of those id figured for my self but the others just make perfect sense

My online shopping tip, in addition to TSCP's eBay tip (very good)...

Always check YOOX before buying on Bluefly, or you could end up spending twice as much, maybe even more during extra sale times like these.

maybe its just me, but i love shopping with other people...because what the mirror shows you is sometimes different than what another person sees. also, im very indecisive.

I didn't realize it but I follow most of those rules. Occasionaly I'll take my mother shopping with me, but that's usually when we get together for lunch or something.

i am a lone shopper also. other people don't have the patience or stamina.

I love rule #1!

I really take my time when I go shopping and will sometimes try on a piece of clothing more than once just to be sure... and I tend to think of "Where can I wear this to?" "How often can I wear it?"

Shopping with my husband is a TOTAL nightmare! HAHA. I do take my daughter shopping sometimes because she's at the state where she is still very honest but nicely so. But these shopping trips are usually more for her than me when she comes along. :-)

i totalllyyyyy like this...i think sometimes its true bout taking ppl shopping with u especially if they try to make their point about that dress looking good when i totally know it doesnt.

but with boys they help to tell u what looks good on u so u can look good from the other's sex point of veiw....

Great article! :rolleyes:
Yet my rule #1 is: Never EVER go shopping with your mother. She has no patience, has different style than me and thinks that everything's too expensive. :(

I usually go alone or with my best friend when she wants to visit the same stores.

#1 READ LABELS! Quality is the most important thing for me along with design. I wear 100% everything (cotton, silk, etc..)

#2 ONE THING IS CLOTHING ON A RACK, ANOTHER WHOLE DIFFERENT ONE IS THE PIECE ON YOU. You'll be surprised pleasantly many many times!

#3 If you really love a piece, get it .. or separate it ... I prefer to separate it by working my charm on the salespeople

#4 Your SALESPERSON is your FRIEND. Esp. in your fave stores, he/she is the one who decides who gets that UNIQUE piece sold on that store. Get that person small things you got on your purse .. like Ferrero Rocher chocs or flowers if getting in the store with them or something like it.

#5 I prefer to shop alone .. but it is because they delay me and dont understand how I think/shop.

#6 One day of shopping windows is OK. And even better? Get into one of those shops where you wudnt be caught dead entering. You may get a HUGE surprise of a highly desirable piece on the weirdest of places.

#7 The PHONE is your friend. Esp. if you are in a foreign place, Call and ask for directions and quotes and stuff. Always keep the phone numbers of your fave stores at hand.

#8 Treat yourself on your birthday! Most stores give you a discount for that date .. and early scouting with NO cc's may help.

#9 Browse other sections ... checking out MENSWEAR WOMENSWEAR and CHILDREN pays off ... especially on accesories

ultramarine "#4 Your SALESPERSON is your FRIEND"

And there are so little friends ou there :wink: Usually I start hating even the most gorgeous store when staff is judging you: Can you or can`t afford to buy there (maybe because I like to wear comfy when I go shopping and I guess I don`t look too good :doh: ).
Then I usually come to another point:
I buy just to proove stuff that I can afford it, and those things don`t make me happy later :(

#1 take your bf, he'll ask you whenever you go in a boutique:"honey, choose what you want". At least mine do it!!
try

My bf usually makes a sad and unhappy face and says "Well, if you REALLY want it......" :D :blush:

My philosophy:

If it makes you more beautieful - BUY IT!

(Don`t mind if "it`s not your style" - buy everything that`s cool on you - the items will start making sense after a while in your wardrobe!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->