Polish Designers

Amelia

neorealismo
Reaction score
I think that fashion from my country is great even if not so specific like John Galliano's fashion.
We have a lot of amazing designers. I'm proud of them. Some pics:

Gosia Baczynska
alfabet2.jpg

source: viva.pl
ba1.jpeg

source: polki.pl
Ewa Minge
7105.jpg

source: gala.pl
her first fashion show in Italy (from 2003:(
minge13_std.jpg
pernondorm06_std.jpg

source: graffittipress.it

Dawid Wolinski
his first collection (2 years ago:(
debiut.jpeg

source: polki.pl

Maciej Zien
with Polish model Joanna Chorodynska at this fashion show from May 2004:
horo.jpg

source: galaktyka.bizz.pl
Do you know that Eva Herzigova was at his newest show??
Katarzyna Szczotarska
She's a well-known designer in London!
Fal 2005 collection:
KSAW05_03.jpg
KSAW05_04.jpg
KSAW05_09.jpg
KSAW05_10.jpg
KSAW05_11.jpg

source: katarzynaszczotarska.com

Kocham Polska mode :heart:

thank you for making this post.
Poland has a LOT to offer, there are a lot of amazing designers and artists there and I think creativity is really encouraged in Poland..
I don't follow Polish fashion as closely as I'd like to, living in Holland makes that kind of dificult and there's no real good Polish fashion forums i know of(maybe you do??!)

anyway..
I love Katarzyne Szczotarska!

the winners of the 2005 'Zlota nitka' young Polish fashion award Aleksandra Trościankowska i Danuty Grządzielska are also quite awesome

z2806763G.jpg

z2806756G.jpg

z2806752G.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and then there's also Arkadius, who is probably the most famous Polish fashion designer;

http://www.arkadius.com/arkadius.html I have a total love hate thing with him sometimes i love his stuff sometimes i absolutely hate it..but to be honest most of the time it's the latter.

jhaime said:
who's the designer for the second pic in post 2# ? :smile:

It's Gosia Baczyncka. She made a show few weeks ago spnsored by a car comp (can't remember which one) with all the VIPiests. Alex and few other famouse models did the show.

EDIT: I am sorry for missunderstanding:-) Basia's pics are from post #1.

You asked about post #2.

The first two pics are "Da Factory Tough Days" by Aleksandra Trościankowska and Danuta Grządzielska

The last is "Paparazzi" by Agata Wojtkiewicz.

http://kobieta.gazeta.pl/wysokie-obcasy/5,53660,2806607.html

(in polish)

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh, thankyou...I put her throuh google looking for a collection, couldn't find anything :smile:

You are welcome:-) I think they (Aleksandra Trościankowska & Danuta Grządzielska
) have just started and won prizes, but I am not sure if they make regular collections.

The biggest stars of Poland are still Gosia Baczynska, Ewa Minge and Maciej Zien.

woah, I didn't realise polish fashion was so good in abundance...

Łukasz Pycior has some gorgeous stuff there, thanks nqth, much appreciated. You have a fantastic array of knowlidge with regards to the Polish scene in particular :smile:

I adore Katarzyna Szczotarska :heart:

Dawid Wolinski looks rather interesting. And I like Lukasz,who nqth* posted.

returnofsaturn said:
Kocham Polska mode :heart:

thank you for making this post.
Poland has a LOT to offer, there are a lot of amazing designers and artists there and I think creativity is really encouraged in Poland..
I don't follow Polish fashion as closely as I'd like to, living in Holland makes that kind of dificult and there's no real good Polish fashion forums i know of(maybe you do??!)

anyway..
I love Katarzyne Szczotarska!

the winners of the 2005 'Zlota nitka' young Polish fashion award Aleksandra Trościankowska i Danuty Grządzielska are also quite awesome

z2806763G.jpg

z2806756G.jpg

z2806752G.jpg

I love esp the last pic you posted :heart: . Thanks! I know only a few Polish fashion forums: the first from www.wizaz.pl and next which belongs to my friend (sorry...I forgot a link) but it's rather unfamous.

I don't like polish forums because people are so jealous there. I don't like post like "OMG, this girl is awful. I'm the best! I should be a model if she looks so bad!". It's not the point. In thefashionspot people are nice and they can understand fashion. Everybody is so natural. I can be myself there and I'm happy for that :rolleyes:. But I love Polish designers so much! My favourites are:
  • Dawid Wolinski
  • Gosia Baczynska
  • Tomasz Ossolinski
  • Katarzyna Szczotarska

Have you heard about Tomasz Jacykow (a stylist)? I hate this guy. So much!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks that polish fashion is desperate. He hates people in my opinion. He always says some disgusting things about fashion. I can't uderstand him. I'm talking about his personality, I have no idea about his work. I only saw him at television when he was talking these things (he hurted Joanna Chorodynska (a model) and Grazyna Olbrych (from Polish 'Glamour') there). I can't stand him anymore B). Grrr....:angry:

Katarzyna Szczotarska, spring/summer 2004 (I believe). Wow... I love it!

01.jpeg
02.jpeg
03.jpeg
04.jpeg

05.jpeg
06.jpeg
07.jpeg
08.jpeg

Makeup: Tomasz Kocewiak/Lancome
Model: Marta Waydel
Spurce: www.polki.pl

Users who are viewing this thread