Polish Designers

You are welcome, Jhaime:-) and thank you:-)

I read in the art. that Lukasz's clothes are hand made. He worked with threads so that the texture of the material has an unique look. I hope that I can see his clothes up close soon:-) Will try to get some pictures as well:-)

Thanks Amelia for the pics. Love Szczotarska:-)

nqth, is Lukasz's work extremely hard to get hold of? oh, and are you aware of many stockists...

nqth said:
You are welcome, Jhaime:-) and thank you:-)

I read in the art. that Lukasz's clothes are hand made. He worked with threads so that the texture of the material has an unique look. I hope that I can see his clothes up close soon:-) Will try to get some pictures as well:-)

Thanks Amelia for the pics. Love Szczotarska:-)

You're welcome :smile:. I love her designs, too!

jhaime said:
nqth, is Lukasz's work extremely hard to get hold of? oh, and are you aware of many stockists...

I only know that he started last year and the pics show his SS05 collection. I don't know butique that stocks his coll. (The only shop I go to quite often is Comme, hihi.)

But the owner of a brand new shop (which will stock RF, MMM, UC) and Guerrilla 2:-P told me he will have Lukasz Pycior's too, as well as Gosia Baczynska and Anna Kuczynska. I am v. excited:-)

nqth said:
Yep. Warsaw, Poland, can you believe it:-)

I wouldn't mind a trip to Warsaw, I've been informed it's a beautiful city with amazing heritage...:smile:

jhaime said:
I wouldn't mind a trip to Warsaw, I've been informed it's a beautiful city with amazing heritage...:smile:

Oh yes please come, esp. this year, when there will be the Chopin compitition. Warsaw is "standable" :-) on summer but beautiful late summer and early autumn, just week or two, before the rain starts. The dynamism of the city amazing. There are a lot of new interesting places and events. The "shopping scene" is near nothing comparing to other European cities, but it is slowly starting.

If you come to Poland, you should go for few days to Krakow, too. The city survived the II WW (unlike Warsaw, where almost everything was rebuild after the War) and the Old Town area is just superb. It's just 2 and half hour by train from Warsaw.

krakow is cool

nqth said:
If you come to Poland, you should go for few days to Krakow, too. The city survived the II WW (unlike Warsaw, where almost everything was rebuild after the War) and the Old Town area is just superb. It's just 2 and half hour by train from Warsaw.

Hello, I am new to fashionspot but I couldn't resist this thread because I just love Poland; it's alive! My husband and I spent a couple weeks in Krakow two summers ago and I went to every little fashion store I could find because I just loved the way people found their own funky style there. Such a cool city! And everyone is so lovely and friendly. Sad story, there is a designer who has her own shop a block off the main square who designs kind of formal things but I bought a few of her velvet jackets, they were so beautiful. A week later, these were stolen, along with my suitcase, in Paris on our way back home. Argh. These gems from Poland are being worn somewhere else. I wish I could remember her name because her designs were so beautiful. But all these clothes are amazing; thank you for posting them. I want to see more... hope some find their way into the U.S!

Greenvelvet: It's EWA MINGE. I can't stand this situation. It's not fair :angry: !!!!!! I still can't understand it! Why? What for? Who did it? There's so many questions... Even if I read about it in thousands magazines...

My favourite place in Poland is definitely Krakow! This atmosphere! A lot of culture! Great people :woot: :woot: :woot:
Did you know that Polish topmodel Karolina Kurowska is a shoes and bags designer? There's her site: http://www.karolinabags.com/.

Some pics:
Karolina Kurowska:
795_trussardi1d.jpg
795_karolina1d.jpg

www.ftv.pl
untitled-2.jpeg
:heart: :heart:
www.polki.pl
Her shoes are cheap! Wow!

nqth said:
It's Gosia Baczyncka. She made a show few weeks ago spnsored by a car comp (can't remember which one) with all the VIPiests. Alex and few other famouse models did the show.

It was a 'Lexus fashion show'- with Anna J, Alek Wek, Elizabeth (? I can't remember her name now :lol:) Jagger,...

More from Dawid Wolinski. I just adore his clothes. Very womanly!

010studio.jpg

011studio.jpg

Photographer: Marcin Tyszka
source: marcintyszka.com

Lukasz Pycior's amazing dress for ss 2005:

11756.jpg

source: glamour.pl

Some Gosia Baczyńska dresses which I've just found:
ba1_d.jpg
ba2_d.jpg

The second one is wearing by Malgorzata Kozuchowska- famous actress from Poland
ba3_d.jpg
ba5_d.jpg

This dress was created by Gosia Baczynska :heart:
10xe3.jpg

source: viva.pl

When I was trying to find info for siwy jeans,I read that the designer for siwy jeans is half polish and siwy is her polish last name. She is half polish and half vietnamese. I THINK it was wwd. I could be wrong, I just remember because I thought she was beautiful and it was such an odd mix. If I find the article I will paste.
I think they are from nyc though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diankapipipu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->