Poll : The Best October 2021 Cover of Vogue

Which Edition of Vogue Wins the Battle for Best October 2021 Cover?

• Total voters

aracic

Staff member
Reaction score
All the October issues have finally arrived and with them comes our new poll!

Although there is (thankfullly) no global theme this month, there is a sense of cohesion and correlation between various editions. An interpretation of a futuristic, technological world was an apparent theme for both China and Arabia, while many other countries share a similar colour theme of reds and warm brown for the fall.
From Amber Valletta and Helena Christensen to a later generation of Carmen Kass and Karolina Kurkova, the October covers also gave us a spectacular cast of beloved supermodels. And at last, the highly anticipated 100th anniversary issue of Vogue Paris, which marked the end of Emmanuelle Alt's tenure while Vogue Italia embarks on an entirely new direction. Quite an eventful and exciting month for Vogue!

Now all that's left for you is to decide which of these many editions did the best job this month! Vote for your favorite October covers in the poll above and feel free to discuss your choices in comments below.

Click to enlarge:

jYofmllZ_o.jpg

all photos courtesy of Vogue

Korea, US, Mexico

I have to say, with a few notable exceptions, I think this was one of the strongest months globally for Vogue covers since the start of the Pandemic.

@aracic, my love :heart:, being sooooooo busy (with your personal life) and still making a time to produce this awesome poll is REALLY ADMIRABLE!!! I have to commend you for your extraordinary commitment and dedication to this amazing community.

When it comes to the poll, my vote goes to - prepare y'all to die! :D - Vogue Italia (foldout cover) and Chiara Ferragni. I'm extremely biased when it comes to her and I'm perfectly aware of that, but after ALL Emanuele Farneti's ridiculous stunts for the past four years, it must be an insane feeling for a girl/woman who is literally changed a course of fashion advertisement/(high) fashion influence to a general population, to being finally recognised by a Vogue of her own country!

Quite a strong month (all things considered) but Vogue Paris, Vogue UK and Vogue US each got my vote!

Vogue Paris by Guy Bourdin is flawless, what a bold and impactful cover to celebrate 100 years and out of the umpteen fashion covers Zendaya has appeared on over the years, British Vogue done wonders with her and the best she's looked. American Vogue because I thought the use of the Schiaparelli made a statement and screamed pure unapologetic fashion to me.

Honorable mentions go to Vogue Czechoslovakia with Karolina Kurkova and the multi-girl cover of Vogue Russia which took me back to the heyday of the likes of American Vogue when Demarchelier and Meisel were on the books.

Top 3
1 Vogue Korea
2 Vogue USA
3 Vogue Polska (with Sandra)

Bottom 3
1 Vogue Scandinavia
2 Vogue Hong Kong
3 Vogue Japan

Chloe's cover is definitely one of the best Vogue covers this year (along with Meisel's quadruple Vogue UK covers last April and HoYeon's closeup shot for Vogue Korea's 300th issue to name a few). What I love about Lorde's cover is on how it captures her aesthetic as a singer but it's still relevant to Vogue USA's brand. On the other hand, Vogue Scandinavia fails to impress me for the second time. Their cover font is clearly a questionable choice + they didn't do any justice to Helena's beauty.

Such a bad month lol, Vogue Korea is the best for me this month. Thanks a lot aracic for doing this :flower:.

Vogue Paris because it’s probably the only one I’m going to remember in a few years.

That cover is a testament to the magazine and at a time where nostalgia is everywhere, a reminder of a time when beauty was the only goal.

1) Vogue Czechoslovakia. KAROLINA!!!
2) Vogue Greece. Kass :smile:
3) Vogue Korea

1. Vogue Czechoslovakia (1st cover)
2. Vogue Paris
3. Vogue Portugal (2nd cover)

3. Vogue España
Anya Taylor-Joy by Camila Falquez is an unpopular choice for me and even more so to the fact that I chose this one over the LATAM version. There is a whimsical and mystical element to it that drawns me to the picture, ugly black dress and all.

2. Vogue UK
Zendaya by Craig, everything works perfectly here from the hair to the dress, and I'm in awe of Zendaya, the work she's getting is the equivalent of that of the 90s Supermodels. Today, being a critically acclaimed actress that the fashion industry likes to embrace is the new supermodel.

1. Vogue Arabia
This issue gives me the fantasy that I always crave whenever I look up new magazine threads on here. I absolutely love how everything came together. Kudos to Vogue Arabia for this.

Vogue Greece and Czechoslovakia

Czechoslovakia, Korea, Russia. For the values.

1. For believing in models, iconic or in-the-making, regardless of age, above and beyond celebrity status, of talent and merit out of question.

2. For staying true to the art of le métier, instead of trying to be Instagram-friendly, ready-to-like, caption-appropriate. Fashion photography has a voice in the conversation, a point of view in the debate, but it can contribute to the Zeitgeist only in its own voice, from its own perspective, distinct and irreplaceable.

3. For being a reminder that mediocrity happens, but greatness prevails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->