Pollini By Ozbek Ss05

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
just the review and one quite interesting photo from wwd :flower:

092904_40.jpg

It’s nice to know that personality still counts for something. Well-wishers packed the Pollini show on Monday afternoon to support Rifat Ozbek, who designed his debut collection for the house last season after a three-year hiatus from fashion. After all, everybody loves a comeback. Ozbek, known for his global vision, seems to have picked up right about where he left off, drawing inspiration from a longitude and latitude far, far away — a Tunisian-esque, Moroccan-y, India-ish kind of place. Take exit number 10, for example, a “jungly ikat print kumari dress with chamar fringing,” according to his show notes.

Sometimes things didn’t quite click, as with pieces decorated with a tatty, meandering drizzle of sequins. But the Friends of Rifat will find plenty to like about the new collection once it’s broken down on the rack. Some of his best looks were offhand and elegant, including a small cardigan and tiered paisley cha-cha skirt combo and evening looks that paired gold sequined tops with graceful iridescent blue skirts — the kind of clothes that will keep Ozbek’s audience coming back for more.

29dres3.jpg

one more from NYTs and an on the point review by miss Horyn
This was Mr. Ozbek's second collection for Pollini, and it included some lovely faded Indian silk prints shown with the tough counterpoint of crocodile-embossed leather jackets in saffron with fabric insets. The sari was reworked as draped cocktail dresses, and silver sequins had been washed to an antique luster. But while the clothes looked more feminine this season, Mr. Ozbek needn't travel beyond his own imaginative shores. The Indian theme, despite his best intentions, didn't yield a new perspective

thanks for the photos runner :flower:

not a bad collection but it wasnt too inspiring to me,
the Indian theme (which was done here in a clever/subtle way)
is already boring me to tears, its all over Milan and i prey it just stops there :ninja:

i love the exoticism and almost mysticism he brings to pollini...are him and mcqueen menswear channeling the same gods?

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 29 2004, 02:43 PM
i love the exoticism and almost mysticism he brings to pollini...are him and mcqueen menswear channeling the same gods?
[snapback]379265[/snapback]​

hmmm very good point there :flower:

very ozbek...i don't think the indian theme has anything to do with any trends...i think it's just his own personal point of view...i like the first reviewer who said that his regular fans will find plenty once the collection is pulled apart...

i agree...it's what we would expect form him...not revolutionary but reliable...not crazy about the way it's merchandised and styled though...a shame really...

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 29 2004, 05:11 PM
i don't think the indian theme has anything to do with any trends...i think it's just his own personal point of view...

not crazy about the way it's merchandised and styled though...a shame really...
[snapback]379366[/snapback]​

i so agree softie, he absolutely needs a better stylist... the hair and make up were ok but the co-ordination..hmm very boring indeed :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 29 2004, 11:20 AM
i so agree softie, he absolutely needs a better stylist... the hair and make up were ok but the co-ordination..hmm very boring indeed :ninja:
[snapback]379376[/snapback]​

It's a pity, because I loved the styling for his fall show :unsure:
I really like this collection, it's subtle yet pulled together very well. :heart: the blues and golds :blush: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->