Rifat Ozbek @ Pollini

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
what is this? I know nothing about this! What/who is Pollini and how long has Ozbek been there? :huh:

I used to love his stuff in the eighties, but I was too young and could never afford any of it. :blush:

Does anyone have any info on this topic?! :flower: thanks...

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 24th, 2004 - 3:55 pm
what is this? I know nothing about this! What/who is Pollini and how long has Ozbek been there? :huh:

I used to love his stuff in the eighties, but I was too young and could never afford any of it. :blush:

Does anyone have any info on this topic?! :flower: thanks...
ARMANDO POLLINI used to be a shoe designer/firm . It has recently been taken over and is expanding into clothes - hence the new collection designed by Rifat Ozbek , a very good designer - Turkish/British - who has unfortunately been out of the limelight recently . :unsure:

I wish him luck with this new venture . :heart:

KIT B)

OMG-iactually have an old pair of Armando Pollini boots fr 1993! :lol: I can't believe it's the same company. I'm so glad Ozbek's back!!! How exciting! thanks for filling me in Kit! :flower:

Rifat Ozbek Cheered Back Into Fashion at Pollini
Mon February 23, 2004 05:39 PM ET

By Jane Barrett
MILAN (Reuters) - Turkish designer Rifat Ozbek stormed back into the fashion world after a three-year break on Monday and brought the house down with a luscious collection of sleek coats and colorful jackets for Pollini.

Ozbek, who once made waves with an all-white collection, raided the paint box for the lushest colors dyers can dye and paraded geometrical wrap coats in Chinese lacquer red or a slim jacket that looked like it was knitted from clotted cream.

Top editors and buyers jumped to their feet when Ozbek took his bow and gushed hyberbole such as "amazing," "fantastic," "incredible" as they left one of Milan fashion week's most hotly-awaited shows.

Pollini is best known for its top quality shoes but kicked footwear into the background with all the models parading the same brown or cream knee-high boots with rows of circular studs at the top and a small heel in bright orange, red or blue.

All eyes were left to feast on a thick red Chinese-collared coat embroidered with blue silk clouds and geometrical swirls, clipped together with simple Oriental silk hook-and-eyes -- perfect for Milan as it thaws out from a late season snow.

With coats like this, Pollini's woman won't want to be inside much but when the top layer peeled off, Ozbek made sure winter 2004/5 will be cheery by decorating staples like little black skirts with rainbow stripes around the hem.

And don't even think of stepping out without one of his rainbow-fringed scarves and a pair of bright red or aquamarine gloves pulled high to the elbows.

Taken from: Reuters

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Feb 24th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
Rifat Ozbek Cheered Back Into Fashion at Pollini
Mon February 23, 2004 05:39 PM ET

By Jane Barrett
MILAN (Reuters) - Turkish designer Rifat Ozbek stormed back into the fashion world after a three-year break on Monday and brought the house down with a luscious collection of sleek coats and colorful jackets for Pollini.

Ozbek, who once made waves with an all-white collection, raided the paint box for the lushest colors dyers can dye and paraded geometrical wrap coats in Chinese lacquer red or a slim jacket that looked like it was knitted from clotted cream.

Top editors and buyers jumped to their feet when Ozbek took his bow and gushed hyberbole such as "amazing," "fantastic," "incredible" as they left one of Milan fashion week's most hotly-awaited shows.

Pollini is best known for its top quality shoes but kicked footwear into the background with all the models parading the same brown or cream knee-high boots with rows of circular studs at the top and a small heel in bright orange, red or blue.

All eyes were left to feast on a thick red Chinese-collared coat embroidered with blue silk clouds and geometrical swirls, clipped together with simple Oriental silk hook-and-eyes -- perfect for Milan as it thaws out from a late season snow.

With coats like this, Pollini's woman won't want to be inside much but when the top layer peeled off, Ozbek made sure winter 2004/5 will be cheery by decorating staples like little black skirts with rainbow stripes around the hem.

And don't even think of stepping out without one of his rainbow-fringed scarves and a pair of bright red or aquamarine gloves pulled high to the elbows.

Taken from: Reuters
FABULOUS!! :heart: THX pinkcouture

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->