POP #38 S/S 2018 : Cindy Crawford, Stella Tennant & Hiandra Martinez

Do you actually think that’s how a 51 year old woman looks like? And it’s not like Cindy has been hiding under a rock, she looks amazing, like we expect a former supermodel to look, but no one would confuse her with a young woman. Some blind devotion has to be at work for people to believe that woman like Cindy or Christy( and the blindness seems to be strong with this one) haven’t aged.

LOL!

Especially true in the case of Christy!

Has Cindy perhaps had some work done? And why not if she wished to? (I'm not naive legally here.....)

The fact is that POP has made Cindy look incredible. Look at the difference if you turn this cover sideways. Great art direction! That beauty spot... Those earrings...

I cant wait to see POP's Cindy/Kaia poster..... And why would they care if Love copied them with Kaia? They always copy POP. (Note the belated attempt to co-opt Charlotte Wales and Harley Weir.... But the work just isn't nearly as good!)

Kaia Gerber by POP was a super coup. She was photographed at home in such a refreshing way. And she was interviewed charmingly by another 15-year-old young woman. Respect where it's due!!!

I love the layout !

Me too! I just love how it evokes the covers of Vogue from the 80s, which couldn't be more appropriate for this. A real nice touch and Charlotte Wales has become a credit to POP (and a few other magazines). I'm certainly intrigued to see more fo this!

Unless this is a vintage image, and i think it is, we are in
fantasy world territory. Cindy does not look like that, clearly once again, and magazines do this to all older models, they are happy to use their name to sell magazines but God forbid they use an
Image where they look a day older than when they were at their prime. Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell already have a parallel life in the cover of magazines and soon showing up will not even be necessary....

She does look like that, though?

Stella photographed by Harley Weir and styled by Vanessa Reid

pop's instagram says that the magazine is out today

Oh POP..... Age defying epic ness :woot:

This is what the fashion industry needs right now!

stunning covers and i agree thats what indy looks like, when you look at the image carefuly you can tell that its not even that retouched.

pic people

Last edited by a moderator:
We're living in a world of filters and photoshop, it's like being in a hall of mirrors, we can turn to this or that image, but we no longer know which image is the real one.

You know even though I’m aware that a lot of these people look nothing like this or that anymore as long as the end product is good I could care less. I want Vintage Kate Moss forever. I don’t care for the real one.

stunning covers and i agree thats what indy looks like, when you look at the image carefuly you can tell that its not even that retouched.

pic people

]

Sure but when you give her good makeup and flattering lighting and angle, she does photograph like she does on the cover

Sure but when you give her good makeup and flattering lighting and angle, she does photograph like she does on the cover
Makeup and lighting definitely play a huge role. For models of all ages.

I must admit that I've been getting quite shocked by the amount of hate and negativity on this forum in general.

Since when do we expect the fashion industry to be the most honest in the world? The significant chunk of it is based on vanity. Sorry to break it to you but not much of it is art.

However, I am even more shocked by the backlash that Cindy has got for getting this cover. POP is still a small magazine considering its public impact or outreach. I don't get what's the fuss? The industry has been airbrushing models of all ages for years. Cindy looks amazing for whatever age and I don't understand why are people surprised that she looks fabulous on the cover? Kate Moss, adored by this forum, has been airbrushed to death for the last 10 or more years and she didn't get half as much hate for it (do we dislike her images because they were airbrushed? - not really!). Yet, Cindy almost 10 years senior looks better.

Whatever you think of Cindy, she has a huge legacy behind her. She was one of the muses of Herb Ritts for God's sake, one of the most iconic photographers who enjoyed and still enjoys more notoriety than many of your favourites. His work is more memorable and adored than of the others and on many of these images, Cindy is the subjects.

So, let's chill and if we are looking for the industries that are based on the objective reflection of the facts and ideas than look further and far beyond than fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although if we're living in a world where fashion magazines have decided to present themselves as 'feminist' and 'representative' and all that guff they fill their pages with, it's not too much to ask for them to follow that up through their imagery.

Me, I'm quite content with fashion magazines being a land of fantasy, but the moment they try to sell themselves as something other than that, they had better back that up.

This might not be POP's particular problem, as they seem to sell themselves as a publication that explores the arty or abstract side of fashion in a light-hearted way.

But still, I can see why people get sick of magazines in general saying one thing about how to view women, then contradicting themselves with the image behind the coverlines.

the posters

in my opinion they are both truly lame

Charlotte Wales consistently delivers stellar work, which is perfectly fine without the addition of these unnecessary mother and daughter posters. What demographic are they aiming for with those - 12 year olds from 2005? POP is far too good of a magazine to have to rely on gimmicks like this; concentrate on the CONTENT please!

I love that Cindy is drinking Pepsi in her poster. Such a nice call back.

Although if we're living in a world where fashion magazines have decided to present themselves as 'feminist' and 'representative' and all that guff they fill their pages with, it's not too much to ask for them to follow that up through their imagery.

Me, I'm quite content with fashion magazines being a land of fantasy, but the moment they try to sell themselves as something other than that, they had better back that up.

This might not be POP's particular problem, as they seem to sell themselves as a publication that explores the arty or abstract side of fashion in a light-hearted way.

But still, I can see why people get sick of magazines in general saying one thing about how to view women, then contradicting themselves with the image behind the coverlines.

Extremely well put!

I think I prefer the second cover! The focus isn't on her face. It's what I'd like to see on Vogue Paris, quite frankly it doesn't belong on POP. The s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->