POP #50 S/S 2024

Pop is a nightmare of a magazine for me! I once bought it (ten years ago, back in 2014, Cat McNeil was on the cover).... it was just too big, too heavy.
I remember going though the hundreds of pages trying to absorb them into my perception, and getting mentally tired. Yes, everything was nice but it was overwhelming. I gave away my issue eventually.
I can't imagine having like 20 issues of Pop, that's 16.000 pages! God forbid you have to move out... I prefer my magazines having ~200 pages.

Also, I like the multicover concept in general, because you get to pick what the ones you like, but Pop always has too many covers, it feels uncontrollable.

Pop is a nightmare of a magazine for me! I once bought it (ten years ago, back in 2014, Cat McNeil was on the cover).... it was just too big, too heavy.
I remember going though the hundreds of pages trying to absorb them into my perception, and getting mentally tired. Yes, everything was nice but it was overwhelming. I gave away my issue eventually.
I can't imagine having like 20 issues of Pop, that's 16.000 pages! God forbid you have to move out... I prefer my magazines having ~200 pages.

Also, I like the multicover concept in general, because you get to pick what the ones you like, but Pop always has too many covers, it feels uncontrollable.
i feel the same. it's eventually a burden, not a plus. i actually even hate browsing through these heavy mags at a newstand. i happily gave away my old POPs recently and now i only wonder what the magazine is even about. it screams "800+ pages" and "50th issue" and all i'm getting is superfluous content that's destined to be discarted, never to be truly appreciated in the first place.

I love exactly for the huge page count, it’s worth the money for me, here in Brazil Pop costs the same price of the panflet that is us Vogue

i feel the same. it's eventually a burden, not a plus. i actually even hate browsing through these heavy mags at a newstand. i happily gave away my old POPs recently and now i only wonder what the magazine is even about. it screams "800+ pages" and "50th issue" and all i'm getting is superfluous content that's destined to be discarted, never to be truly appreciated in the first place.
I agree. I usually find one or two really strong fashion editorials inside (the Gisele story looks promising) but the rest are fillers. The recent few covers posted here are already a preview of filler photography inside.

Kylie Jenner by Tyrell Hampton:

More of Kylie Jenner:

4 covers of this Jenner girl is too much...the last one was enough..

This is giving me flashbacks of being in university and making the mistake of buying a TON of September / Fall issue before class... and having to carry around a heavy shopping bag from the bookstore, back when magazines were still bragging about page counts, around campus the entire day. It was a mistake I've learned from.

Daisy is a pretty girl but they did her dirty with those covers lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->