Porter #31 Spring 2019 : Gisele Bündchen by Mario Sorrenti

Shame her last cover turned out to be not that impressive. Gisele's Hulk legs and I say this due to the retouching blunder, looks disproportionate. Styling looks great, but maybe if this was shot outdoors it may have had more impact.

I really like this actually, beautiful tones. Always happy to see Gisele too.

This has been done much better. The mood of the pic clashes with the background.

I like it. Love her hair.

The neck and face is too stiff. Happy to see Chloe in the cover, its a shame that is another halfway there cover with Gisele.

Gisele delivering from every angle, even in motion. Sure it isn't extra for the last Lucy issue, but this is a good cover. Will pick it up.

I'm into it. The movement of the dress is just great. I like her hair too.

I think Sorrenti excells at outdoors shoots and I am such a sucker for them so I was hoping for it.
Having said that, I still like it and Gisele makes it not boring with her movement.
Excited to see more.

Shame her last cover turned out to be not that impressive. Gisele's Hulk legs and I say this due to the retouching blunder, looks disproportionate. Styling looks great, but maybe if this was shot outdoors it may have had more impact.

LOL, she's going to be FUMING when she sees this cover! Not the most flattering of shots.

This could've been something to remember had it been set against a forest/woodland backdrop à la typical Sorrenti. However the grey cover background kills the entire shot which is a shame as this is a dynamic image from Gisele modelling-wise.

A pose rooted in a sense of movement like this doesn’t really work for a cover because the shot ended up being cropped a lot, which dulls its dynamic. It’s too bad, because all the elements seem to fall into place here, from the hair to the styling to Gisele’s ethereal expression. There’s a languid, dance-like sensibility that would turn out romantic in editorial form but failed to translate as a cover.

i like this cover...simple and effective...

If The Edit shoot is anything to go by as to how this editorial will look like, I am slightly disappointed.
The editorial from the first Porter issue is one of my favorite Gisele shoots, that cover was so gorgeous I bought a copy as soon as it was available in my country and I was so excited to see what this new magazine has to offer.
Can't remember if I was that excited about buying a magazine after that, most likely not.

OK, so I was extremely excited for Porter to release this after we heard Gisele was on the cover photographed by Mario Sorrenti but cannot help to feel a little underwhelmed with the outcome.

I really dislike the movement of the cover image and wish it was just Gisele gazing down Sorrenti's lens, giving us face and hair. It's all just a little... flat. This all suddenly began to make sense as part of the shoot is now in conjunction with The Edit... which everything here feels far more suited to.

Yet while I was expectant of a whole lot more, I am keen to see everything in person and look forward to mine arriving in the mail.

Review - 286 Pages.

BORN THIS WAY
Cover Star: Gisele Bundchen
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: George Cortina
17 Photos

DARE!
Model: Caroline Trentini
Photographer: Rafael Pavarotti
Stylist: Morgan Pilcher
12 Photos

SHE WEARS THE PANTS...
Model: Lauren Hutton
Photographer: Vanina Sorrenti
Stylist: Cathy Kasterine
11 Photos

WANDERDUST
Model: Vanessa Axente
Photographer: Vincent van de Wijngaard
Stylist: Natasha Royt
13 Photos

BECAUSE THE NIGHT
Model: Lineisy Montero
Photographer: David Ferrua
Stylist: Helen Broadfoot
12 Photos

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS
Model: Selena Forrest & Maria Grazia Chiuri
Photographer: Cécile Bortoletti
Stylist: Samuel Francois
8 Photos

GUT INSTINCT/BEAUTY MEMO
Model: Annibelis Baez
Photographer: Benny Horne
Stylist: Helen Broadfoot
8 Photos

Ooooooo I can’t wait to see the Wanderdust story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->